JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Write-Ups (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/)
-   -   My Heated Seats- Toasty Buns!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/my-heated-seats-toasty-buns-16171/)

2K1TJ 02-12-2008 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by JKJoker (Post 339165)
I wondered about this also, so I wrote to Wet Okole, who made my neoprene seat covers and they said that everything should work fine, but just take a bit longer to "warm up" due to the extra material. It shouldnt hurt the neoprene, and no colors or anything will bleed.

hope that helps.

Thanks.

Probably by the time the heat gets though the neoprene, the heater will be good and warm anyway. Most of my driving is 20 minute trips anyway, so this probably wouldn't be that beneficial for me.

bOLsAK=3 02-17-2008 12:39 PM

This is an incredible write-up. I know it was written a while ago but this one deserves it's own place in the annal's.

mdmmd 06-18-2008 08:18 AM

Seat mounted supplimental Air bags???

I happen to have the seat mounted suppl airbag system. does anyone know if this might present an additional problem when installing the seat heaters? i'm a little timid to start messing with the airbags in the seats...

DBB888 06-18-2008 08:24 AM

I have the same seats- dont be scared- it will only go off if you mess up =)

JK they are designed to go off in a side impact- as long as you disconnect the battery and then unplug the connectors on the bottom of the seat you should be fine.

I didnt do any of that but that was me

Chukronos 06-18-2008 12:28 PM

I see that fuse slot M8 is the fuse for heated front seats. If I put a 20 yellow fuse in there, is there a wire inside of the cabin for it? I would assume that there is a wire that was run into the cabin for every fuse slot.

Anyone know?

-Chuckl

SASQUATCH 06-18-2008 12:48 PM

Awesome but dude what state are you in that you need heated pads? I'm sweating thinking about it, SE Texas here so that's just not on the mod list.

justinstoffregen 06-18-2008 02:15 PM

Damn you, DB8888. Now I have to buy pickers and poppers and pullers. :dontknow2:

Cesar 08-15-2008 08:59 PM

really nice mod

mdmmd 09-28-2008 03:30 PM

I just did this install today.. it went fine but. the passenger side doesn't work. The driver side is perfect. the passenger side switch doesn't light at all. I switched the switches and it doesn't seem to be a bad switch since they both work on the D side. I used voltage tester and the hot leads are hot all the way to the pads. I figure it must be a bad wiring harness or control box. Anyone have any ideas?

nukem1r 04-04-2009 04:39 PM

Are you able to just piggyback the mainpower wire of these to the cig lighter power? I have the kits coming just wanted to check. If not what wire do I clip onto. I'm a little apprehensive since I'm not sure of what's the can wiring and what's just a normal power wire.

Thanks