JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Write-Ups (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/)
-   -   My Heated Seats- Toasty Buns!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/my-heated-seats-toasty-buns-16171/)

DBB888 12-30-2009 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ctyslkr (Post 1490977)
I bought a kit from Sports Imports similar to the kit the OP bought (the kit the OP bought is apparently not available anymore). However, the pads did not come pre-fitted with the double-side tape. The seller did provide some in the packaging but I don't know which side to install the tape on -- meaning I don't know which side of the pad should face down on the foam.

On one side of the pad you can pretty clearly see the honeycomb pattern of the carbon fiber element whereas the other side you only see cloth. I'm thinking the honeycomb carbon fiber side is the one that should be facing my butt and the cloth side is where I stick the double-sided tape and attach it to the foam.

Here's the URL (don't think they're a forum sponsor):
hxxp://www.sportsimportsltd.com/pecafidutewa.html

The instructional PDF just says to peel off the backing of the double-sided tape and stick it to the foam but like I said my kit didn't come with the tape pre-fitted. I've tried contacting their tech support but haven't received a response yet. Thanks for any help.

Best thing to do is power it up and see which side gets hotter. It might not matter at all which side you use. Just connect 12 v to it turn it on and feel

DBB888 12-30-2009 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by westchester (Post 1348043)
Has anyone fitted a Heated Seat panel kit underneath a seat cover, instead of under the actual seat material ?

I have the neoprane covers and figure its alot simpler to stick the heating elements under those - shouldn't melt 'em :thinking:

Youre not the first to ask this- it will work but can shift. If you install the way it should be installed , heat will still travel though the neopreme cover

ctyslkr 12-30-2009 09:42 PM

I wired them up and both sides felt about the same. I ended up installing with the carbon fiber side up (butt side). But after installation under the seat fabric I noticed they don't feel very hot. I waited at least 5 minutes on high. They did feel hot (or at least pretty warm) when I did the testing. Driver and passenger side feel the same. Did I do something wrong? :thinking: I have the YES seats (if that matters).

DBB888, BTW, sorry to read about your lost JK, but happy for you that you got darn good money for it! And thanks for your help.

ctyslkr 12-31-2009 02:53 PM

Nevermind. I went for a ride with my butt in the seat and all is good. Felt pretty hot after a few minutes. When I did my test right after the install I was sensing the heat level with my hand. Moral of the story is always test with your butt. :wink:

YOke 02-17-2010 02:04 PM

When I bought my JK from the dealer, I had him install the seats. He charged $149/each and mounted the switch on the center armrest console. They work GREAT! I use them every day and especially when the top's off in the spring/fall.

pazitive44 02-01-2011 09:00 AM

Just Installed..

Just installed my Mopar Seat Warmers....Thank you to all the Good people who posted pics and suggestions....It went flawless.....Thanks again...:beer:

daveclaxton 03-08-2011 10:12 AM

Successful install

Bought two from SportsImports for total of $135.

4 hours of slow going to not mess up, and all is good!!

Excellent thread got me motivated. Thanks!

newrm76 01-01-2012 08:01 AM

With the cold weather here....I need to do this!!!

delsol5 01-11-2012 05:21 PM

that initial install looks awesome! well done!!

minime 01-22-2012 07:50 AM

I think you should change your forum name to toasty buns? Lol sorry couldn't resist.