Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Nemesis Industries Odyssey Fender Install

Old 08-20-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Nemesis Industries Odyssey Fender Install

Like some of you we fell in love with the Nemesis Industries fenders that were covered at Sema last year by Project-JK. At that time we were looking at the many options available but wanted something with a slightly different look, something that maintained some of the lines of the original Jeep JK design. So when we saw the pics provided for Sema 2011 we were convinced Nemesis would be on our short list of metal fenders we'd like to run some day. Then at the 50th anniversary of Tierra Del Sol's Desert Madness we won an XJ Lift Kit package while at the same time a good friends brother just happened to win a Nemesis Industries package which he couldn't use because he had recently bought a stock XJ. I guess the stars were aligned because we made a deal to trade door prizes and after a quick acknowledgement from Rob (President at Nemesis) that they would honor the trade of prize packages the deal was consummated. We were so thrilled to be getting a set of the fenders and opted to go with the slightly larger coverage the Odyssey fenders provided over the Notorious fender.

The Nemesis Industries fenders arrive in good packing and without the foam in place which was a welcome sight!

Hardware:
The bolts are for the lower brace and the hex bolts are to mount the fender. In some cases you'll be bolting into the nut clip (which mounts to the upper fender brace) and in other cases you'll bolt into existing holes so you'll use the nuts and washers as well. You'll need the following tools to complete the install:
Hex Head 3/16"
Box Wrench 1/2"
Drill Bits (assorted)

First it's off with the old...no descriptions of this as there are so many possible fenders you could be running.

Ready for the Nemesis Industries Odyessy Install.

Using a couple of the installation bolts mount the front fender help spot the bracket location.

At this time mark the body for the holes that will need to be drilled the fender is the best template.

As you can see there really is only one way to orientate the bracket and by using the OEM support bracket you'll slip the bracket up into the inner fender.

But first slip the black nut clips onto the fender brace.

We decided to take this time to paint the brace. This would not be the only time we got paint on it but allowed us to hit all sides of the brace.

Since we've been running fender liner-less for years now we no longer had some of the hardware needed so we ended up buying some extra parts.

These bolts and washers will help to secure the fender brace to the wheel well area. Again you'll see where the bracket fits with the three cut outs perfectly aligned with the welded in nuts on the underside of the fender well area.

Once installed it should look like this.

We took this opportunity to paint the bracket as well as the wheel well area.

The smaller brace is actually a bit of a PITA to install and took a extra long drill bit but it's design does look like it'll provide some good support. This brace provides some added structural strenght for the fender. Match the holes from the fender there isn't another set of holes which align with the bracket so you'll see pretty quickly where it goes.

This time you can use the bracket to help guide where to drill the holes in the back side of the inner fender brace. I removed one of the bolts drilled using this long ass drill bit and then switched sides and drilled the next hole. Really easy after the first hole.

After all the fit checks and mounting brackets have been installed we removed everything and sent it off to the painters. Only suggestion is to pay close attention to the mounting angles and the installation will be a breeze. Fronts went on really easy. Here's what it looked like installed.

Rear install to come!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man those are nice
Old 08-20-2012, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

These look great. Wish I would have seen these before I bought my Xenons
Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those fenders are sexy

Great write up too
Old 08-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Awesome write up! Thanks for posting this up. Those Odyssey flares look great in that color matched yellow by the way.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

That looks realy good. Very nice job, great post!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Nemesis Industries
Awesome write up! Thanks for posting this up. Those Odyssey flares look great in that color matched yellow by the way.
Thanks again for your advice! I was able to take a panel off the jeep so the shop could tint it to match and then they sprayed the underside with the under coating which turned out real nice...thanks again for your support!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Gosh- for the price... And the looks... I can't even shop around for other fenders anymore... Looks like I'm going with nemesis. Great write-up
Old 08-25-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Really?

I'm not sure I know many guys willing to drop over $1300 for a set of fenders, plus long drills, plus painting and undercoating.
Wow!

But they do look nice, until they meet their first rock or the Rubicon trail.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:21 PM
JK Jedi

If you know us we're not shy from trail abuse or damage...so next week when we do JK Experience we'll see how they do...trail damage is just great memories made!

Quick Reply: Nemesis Industries Odyssey Fender Install