Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Photobucket Alternatives Discussion (3rd Party Hosting policy change)

Old 07-13-2017, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any idea how to link from Google Photos? I found some third party sight that kind of worked, but it shrunk the photo and killed the quality. Here's the shared link from Google Photos. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to show.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5iB6bq5JiwdGhigv2
Old 09-06-2017, 02:36 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

when linking to pics on google drive, is there any way to display a rotated version? I run across several pics taken with my phone where the metadata seems to screw things up. on PC it looks normal, but when uploaded or linked as discussed in this thread, the pic rotates incorrectly 90* even though on my phone it looks correct, when downloaded to my PC it looks correct, or uploaded to drive where it looks correct. grrrrr.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I think it's a phone thing. I have the same problem sometimes depending on if I take pics with my phone in portrait or landscape mode. Most of the time I use Photoshop to fix the problem then re-upload, but I also have used photo editor plugins that are available for my browser Firefox where you can directly edit when viewing your google drive page. After installing the photo editor plugin, you can click on the photo in your google drive which shows it in their viewer window and you will see a "open in editor name" selection on top of the image in their viewer where you can directly edit it within google drive to rotate it using the plugin.

You can also edit it directly on your phone with your image editor app of choice and upload the rotated version to google drive which I think is the simplest method.

Last edited by Rednroll; 09-06-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:54 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I think it's a phone thing. I have the same problem sometimes depending on if I take pics with my phone in portrait or landscape mode. Most of the time I use Photoshop to fix the problem then re-upload, but I also have used photo editor plugins that are available for my browser Firefox where you can directly edit when viewing your google drive page. After installing the photo editor plugin, you can click on the photo in your google drive which shows it in their viewer window and you will see a "open in editor name" selection on top of the image in their viewer where you can directly edit it within google drive to rotate it using the plugin.

You can also edit it directly on your phone with your image editor app of choice and upload the rotated version to google drive which I think is the simplest method.
Thx. It's pretty frustrating since probably 99% of pictures these days are taken with a phone. It should be a lot easier to slap em on here....but it's so cumbersome.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am here to raise my hand and address the class real quick..

Hey Photobucket,

If this message ever finds you, F*CK YOU!!!

Sincerely,
Everyone
Old 10-04-2017, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a pbucket account for 15+ years. There’s no telling how many posts of mine on several different forums are now sporting their speedo placeholder. I also have google drive and google photos but I couldn’t figure out how to get a link using only an iPad. Now I use flickr and it’s easy, plus it’s owned by yahoo so it’s probably gonna be there for the foreseeable future.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it's back firing on Photobucket because I haven't read one time about how some one has paid them to get their pics. out of jail. Everywhere I only read about alternatives to them. They will have to depend on sponsorship for funding or go out of business, were not paying them.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dahreno
I think it's back firing on Photobucket because I haven't read one time about how some one has paid them to get their pics. out of jail. Everywhere I only read about alternatives to them. They will have to depend on sponsorship for funding or go out of business, were not paying them.
Yeah I know and it’s so frustrating reading a good thread that uses images to describe what they are posting about and now they are just placeholders.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

imgur.com is a great alternative to photobucket as well.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

I've been using Flickr. It's been working well for me

Quick Reply: Photobucket Alternatives Discussion (3rd Party Hosting policy change)