Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Power Window Install using Factory Switches and Bezels

Old 08-02-2016, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrizzWolf
Thanjs for the info!
Grizzwolf, send me your email address and I can send a pic of the plug that came with my kit
Old 08-08-2016, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by antny
Grizzwolf, send me your email address and I can send a pic of the plug that came with my kit
Yes my electric life power window kit came with four "door crank" blanks. They are almost flush mount and do not rub your legs/knees!
Old 02-10-2017, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default Electric life to OEM Switch

Originally Posted by bcash616
Yes my electric life power window kit came with four "door crank" blanks. They are almost flush mount and do not rub your legs/knees!
I purchased the Electric Life Kit and I also have the OEM switch for the power windows. Now there are about 12 wires that connect to the two plugs from the electric life kit. How do I connect those to the OEM switch? I have a 2 door and the Electric Life kit is also for a 2 door.

Thank you
Old 02-10-2017, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ordaz88
I purchased the Electric Life Kit and I also have the OEM switch for the power windows. Now there are about 12 wires that connect to the two plugs from the electric life kit. How do I connect those to the OEM switch? I have a 2 door and the Electric Life kit is also for a 2 door.

Thank you
You're going to have to use the diagram to identify which pins on the back of the switch go where. There are two wires from each window that have to plug into the back of the oem switch. There are also a few others.. Power.. Ground.. Remote.. etc..
Old 03-14-2017, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power windows & Power Doors

Anyone have the link to a power door lock walk through? I need to order the power window kit but also want to do the power locks with remote fob at the same time. I search the forums but couldn't find a good walk though. I want to go as much as OEM as possible especially with the interior control switches.

Mike
Old 03-15-2017, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default New doors

Getting ready to trade for full power doors. Does anyone know if the non power jeep has wiring harness to support power doors. Will this swap be plug and play except for switches?
Old 03-15-2017, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 17GobiJK
Getting ready to trade for full power doors. Does anyone know if the non power jeep has wiring harness to support power doors. Will this swap be plug and play except for switches?
I tried this recently and was not successful. After countless hours of searching, reading and wiring, I ended up reinstalling all the non power window parts. The non power Jeeps do not have any of the required wiring to convert in this manner. The best way is to go aftermarket power window kits and if you want factory switches, follow the wiring diagrams in this thread.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Thats what I thought. Thanks. Was thinking of just making my own wiring by using the diagram. Not tapping into factory wiring but using factory switches. For locks was thinking using aftermarket alarm system and attaching to module using remote....I wonder??
Old 03-15-2017, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After researching a bit...I found that if you install the power windows kit at the same time it comes with the correct wire harness. You can get the sets at Jeepareus.com.
The following users liked this post:
Montego (11-10-2022)
Old 03-15-2017, 05:07 PM
Former Vendor

Default Power Windows Install

Originally Posted by Boosted
I tried this recently and was not successful. After countless hours of searching, reading and wiring, I ended up reinstalling all the non power window parts. The non power Jeeps do not have any of the required wiring to convert in this manner. The best way is to go aftermarket power window kits and if you want factory switches, follow the wiring diagrams in this thread.
Hi, the best way to go is with Factory Mopar parts. We have sold many kits for power doors and windows. Why go aftermarket? Please check out site www.jeepsareus.com or give us a call at 877.533.7787.
thank you, JEEPS ARE US

Quick Reply: Power Window Install using Factory Switches and Bezels