Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Rancho RS 9000X Pro Series Remote Reservoir Shocks Write-Up

Old 05-09-2008, 10:18 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up Rancho RS 9000X Pro Series Remote Reservoir Shocks Write-Up

When it comes to off-road performance shocks, few companies have the history and outstanding reputation that Rancho has been able to create for itself over the last 50 years. Needless to say, when it came time for me to start looking for a new set of extended shocks to go with the 4.5" of lift that I now have on my Jeep JK Wrangler, Rancho was the first company I turned to for help.

Now, while one of my biggest criteria in choosing a new shock was ride comfort, another big deciding factor was being able to get a set that would provide the optimal amount of articulation that my Full Traction Suspension would allow. Fortunately, Rancho has one of the largest selection of shocks you can find and in a myriad of compressed/extended lengths available for the Jeep JK Wrangler. Likewise, being that their RS 9000X shocks are adjustable up to 9 different setting, from firm to soft, ride comfort can be dialed in with the simple twist of a knob.

For my purposes, I decided to go for the gusto and picked up a set of Rancho RS 9000X Pro Series Remote Reservoir Shocks and the write-up below will show you how you can install a set on your Jeep JK Wrangler.

Rancho RS 9000X Pro Series Remote Reservoir Shocks Installation Write-Up

Old 05-10-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I didn't know the 9000's came in a remote resevoir. Were these recently released?
Old 05-10-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much will a set of those monsters set you back?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Didn't know they came with a remote resevoir!
Old 05-10-2008, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whoa........ wait a minute.... have you been running the stock rubi shocks and a 4.5" lift all this time??? how the hell did you manage that?

and whats the point/advantage of having a reservoir? it seems that the shocks with a reservoir have less travel then ones without. i'd think that by adding a reservoir on you'd be able to increase the travel distance.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
and whats the point/advantage of having a reservoir? it seems that the shocks with a reservoir have less travel then ones without. i'd think that by adding a reservoir on you'd be able to increase the travel distance.
There is no advantage to run a reservoir on a pure rock crawler....they are best suited for high speed fire road runs like mojave road and the like where the shocks will heat up from the high speed travel, foam and fail...the extra oil prevents this.

Quick Reply: Rancho RS 9000X Pro Series Remote Reservoir Shocks Write-Up