Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Simple Bumper Dimple Removal (requires drilling)

Old 10-05-2014, 07:30 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many of those who create post like this.. do not have the luxury to just go out and buy a $1,500 bull bar/bumper.. I'm one of these, therefore we make alterations in order to save what we have or do like others and don't care and ride around with a crinkled up bumper..
Old 10-05-2014, 07:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
Many of those who create post like this.. do not have the luxury to just go out and buy a $1,500 bull bar/bumper.. I'm one of these, therefore we make alterations in order to save what we have or do like others and don't care and ride around with a crinkled up bumper..
I paid $400. But I get the point. It doesn't need to cost $1500 if people bought what they want as opposed to what they think they need to impress others.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
You guys are looking at this all wrong. ANYTIME you break something or wear it out, that is the perfect opportunity to upgrade. I think some of you need you Jeep and man cards taken away.
X100

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 10-08-2014, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

I assume you can do the same thing you do with a dent in a body panel which does not have a crease in it. Heat it up and then place a plastic bag with ice in it on the dent. The plastic/metal will rapidly shrink which will cause it to pop back to it's original position. I've done this successfully on body dents but never tried a bumper.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Idiot Dimple Gone

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
Depending how deep or distorted the dimple is.. a warm day in the sunlight or a heat gun (not to close) just to heat the bumper up a bit.. Meanwhile, and depending on where the dimple is located.. Typically drilling a few small dowel sized holes on the wheel well side (the tire side) and using the warm day or the heat gun, one would push the dowel through the drill holes in stages, forcing the dimply out from all sides, leaving the deepest part of the dimple for last. in other words don't force it all at one time. One issue is if the dimply actually has a crease in it and this will leave a mar which is unavoidable..
Note: Do Not use a wooden dowel.. as this could break off inside your bumper.
Used a professional hair dryer, which is pretty hot and with a hole drill from the back side pushed that baby right out with no problem.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

I think those corners are actually a boxed in piece that is like a sealed container with a small breather hole in it. The rear is and therefore one should be able to hold an air gun nozzle up there and at 100PSI heat the bumper first and force the bumper back out.

Quick Reply: Simple Bumper Dimple Removal (requires drilling)