Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

SmittyBilt XCR Highlift Mount for less than $10

Old 09-10-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SmittyBilt XRC Highlift Mount for less than $10

And with no drilling!
This is a really simple modification to allow for mounting a 48” highlift horizontally like mine or a 60” highlift if you mount at an angle. The parts used for this install are
2 – M12 Bolts 4” in length
2 – Lock Nuts
2 – Nuts
2 – Washers
No cutting!

First you’ll have to remove the spare tire and you might have to move the mount down. I’m running 35” tire and had the mount sort of high which interfered with the holes in the spare mount plate. As you can see from this pic those holes (spare mounting plate) are used for the bolts.

This next part takes a few trail and error attempts to get the highlift in an area that will clear the tailgate. Not hard but the weight of the highlift makes it a little more difficult...not hard.

Now just insert the bolts and on the back side of the spare mount plate use a washer and the lock nut. You might need a rat tail file but I found you can insert the bolt with a little effort. I think that I might have used a ratchet wrench to power the bolt through the little bit of overlap that's in the way of the hole (you'll see what I mean when you get to this point)

Now I said there's no drilling but this is the part that takes a little effort as the holes for the highlift and the holes in the spare mount plate are not perfectly aligned.

What I did was used a rubber mallot to move the bolts together but it's pretty close so if there was a second set of hands I would have been able to put the bolt through one of the highlift holes then pull it across to the other side...it's tight.

Next just screw the two nuts on and you're finished...a simple less than $10 way to mount that Highlift onto your Smittybilt XRC or SRC bumper.

Last edited by sm_rubi; 09-11-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome!!! My next mod, for sure! Cheap and effective. Thanks for explaining everything, well done.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by joneszj
Awesome!!! My next mod, for sure! Cheap and effective. Thanks for explaining everything, well done.

No problem!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great job man!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by hvilla
Great job man!!!
Thanks Man!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sucks that my spare bracket HAS to be at the top most position.

Great idea though!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Sucks that my spare bracket HAS to be at the top most position.
Great idea though!
Yeah you might be able to angle it and make it work. The way I did it works for 35" and should work for 37" tires but the big dogs you're running
Old 02-01-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

awesome idea! why no base on the jack? does the base stick out too far and hit the tail gate or something?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks good!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
awesome idea! why no base on the jack? does the base stick out too far and hit the tail gate or something?
The base pulls out by a simple carter pin and yes it's a bit too close for comfort.

Originally Posted by SoccerMan1080
looks good!
Thanks! Working on the next phase which is trail rack and jerry can holder for the XRC Bumper...it's actually finished but I don't have the pics and write up done.

Quick Reply: SmittyBilt XCR Highlift Mount for less than $10