Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper Install w/HID lights

Old 05-11-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your Jeep looks awesome, what type of HID lights are those?
Old 05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
Your Jeep looks awesome, what type of HID lights are those?
In my opinion these are the best HID lights out there right now for the money. They come in 4" and 7" sizes with the ballasts all tucked inside a sealed housing. the 4" retail for $94.99 ea and the 7" for $99.99 ea. I suggest the 4" for the top of a pre-runner hoop and the 7" for the bottom near the winch.

hxxp://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=CSM&MfrPartNumber=99004 &CategoryCode=3151
Old 05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
JK Newbie

Got the bumper and I agree, it is sweet. Great price! The lights look good. You do like them then? Are those the 4" mounted on your bumper? Did they come with any wiring?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR27
Got the bumper and I agree, it is sweet. Great price! The lights look good. You do like them then? Are those the 4" mounted on your bumper? Did they come with any wiring?
I LOVE the whole set-up, bumper and lights.

Those are the 4" lights and they did come with seperate wiring (so do the 7") which I did not use. Mine are wired directly into the factory fog light wiring and are turned on/off using the steering column light stalk.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

What brand are those lights? They look really nice.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by eric71
What brand are those lights? They look really nice.
Here is the answer....

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
In my opinion these are the best HID lights out there right now for the money. They come in 4" and 7" sizes with the ballasts all tucked inside a sealed housing. the 4" retail for $94.99 ea and the 7" for $99.99 ea. I suggest the 4" for the top of a pre-runner hoop and the 7" for the bottom near the winch.

hxxp://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=CSM&MfrPartNumber=99004 &CategoryCode=3151
Old 05-31-2009, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hard to tell from the pics but do those lights really have a red ring around them? . . and if they do is that removable? . . . If it isnt than IMO thats a POS design for anyone with a vehicle thats not red black or white. Red would not look good against Jeep green :p
Old 05-31-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DanNEBTD
Hard to tell from the pics but do those lights really have a red ring around them? . . and if they do is that removable? . . . If it isnt than IMO thats a POS design for anyone with a vehicle thats not red black or white. Red would not look good against Jeep green :p
The trim ring around the lights is red however it is held on by hex bolts. You can remove the ring then paint it whatever color your heart desires. The lights are also available in all black.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
The trim ring around the lights is red however it is held on by hex bolts. You can remove the ring then paint it whatever color your heart desires. The lights are also available in all black.
VERY good news for me
Old 06-10-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default Have a similar setup...

Mount the winch prior to bumper installation. The rear bolts are next to impossible to tighten once the bumper is installed. Also if you decide to go with the XRC Winch make sure you wire the control box before installing the winch. Made that mistake, took me about an hour to screw on the neg. leads under the winch motor.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper Install w/HID lights