Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Sprint Booster Install

Old 12-31-2010, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint Booster Install

I recently bought the Sprint Booster from David at Northridge4x4 and I installed it today. Here is some info and pics,

Thanks to CTNEDGE for some helpful hints!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00028.jpg
Views:	1595
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	113930

I followed the 1st step of the instructions that came with the booster, insert ignition key and leave it in the off position and leave the driver side door open for 5 minutes. During this time I put the driver seat all the way back to have better access to the gas pedal. Connect the booster switch to the side of the Booster connector. I used a headlamp and positioned it on the floor to shine on the gas pedal connector.

The easiest way to get under the dashboard to access the gas pedal connector is put your right arm on the floor, placing your left hand on the top corner of the dashboard right by the speaker to support your body weight. You will end up lying on your back to install the booster. Make sure to have the Sprint booster within reach, best place would be the on the front left part of the seat.

After 5mins deconnect the harness from the gas pedal

Name:	IMG00032.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	113928

Attach the Sprint Booster to the Harness before connecting to gas pedal connector.

Name:	IMG00036.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	113929

Connect Sprint Booster to the gas pedal

Name:	IMG00037.jpg
Views:	843
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	113931

On the back page of the instructions that came with the booster it will indicate what green and red lights means and when to change the settings.

Name:	IMG00039.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	113932

I think anyone who tries the Sprint Booster will notice the change! Enjoy!

Thanks to David at Northridge for the fast delivery and WOL for peaking my interest!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have a Superchip FlashPaq also installed on your JK? Just curious if there is any impact to the settings the Superchip modified on different settings.

Northridge4x4 - Dave, have you heard of anything impacting the Superchip?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where'd you mount your button? I mounted mine to the right of the steering column under the gauges and tucked the wire behind the plastic panel.

And yes, I noticed a huge difference in response. Even my girlfriend commented on the difference.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

Think this mod would be null if you have superchips now. Since they let you choose response time on gas pedal now. Hated the immediate response with a stick shift and worn re expess bushings. Diff tips up and down.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

superchips has a setting for this?
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, I believe there are 3 settings
Old 01-01-2011, 10:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mwbmorley
Do you have a Superchip FlashPaq also installed on your JK? Just curious if there is any impact to the settings the Superchip modified on different settings.
I don't have a superchip yet

Originally Posted by Ario56
Where'd you mount your button? I mounted mine to the right of the steering column under the gauges and tucked the wire behind the plastic panel.

And yes, I noticed a huge difference in response. Even my girlfriend commented on the difference.
I haven't mounted it yet. Debating on if I want to keep the switch on or not.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rage.690
Hated the immediate response with a stick shift and worn re expess bushings. Diff tips up and down.
I don't have a clue what you just said. Are you saying that the Superchips wore out some kind of bushings because your stick shift drove quicker or something? And what do you mean the dif tips up and down?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by JaxLoki
superchips has a setting for this?
With the Superchips tuner you can adjust the throttle response...but only if you have the manual tranny

I have the auto so I'm SOL till I find a used Sprint Booster
Old 12-15-2011, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got around to installing mine, damn what a difference, its actually a set of the pants feel improvement, you can be accelerating and turn it on the green light and you feel it instantly pick up and then switch it to red and you will feel the pick up again..i never thought it would make a difference like it has but its well worth it.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Install