Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost Installation Write-Up

Old 03-19-2007, 07:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by duffman
I do have some ESP issues that I didnt have before but my steering wheel is slightly off center. These issues only occurr on onramps with some sort of bank to them. I can still take normal turns pretty hard with no problems but the ESP causes me to enter the freeway like I'm driving Miss Daisy. I'll have to center my steering wheel when I get some time and see if its still a problem.
You know, I've been thinking about this for a while now and I should note that my JK is sitting 3/4" lower up front a maybe half that much in the rear due to my winch and bumpers. Needless to say, I most likely didn't experience any problems with ESP or handling on my Jeep due to the fact that I'm not as tall as others would be without the extra weight. Anyway, I have since modified my write-up to include steering re-centering instructions to address any ESP issues that might be encountered.

The only gripe I have so far is I don't think I'm a big fan of the new front bumpstops in the kit. I was very careful to make sure they were centered on the spring perch but they are so wide that I think they slightly rub the springs on one side. I do think an adj track bar would solve this problem though as my axle has shifted only a tad to the drivers side but it is enough to slightly pull the spring in that direction as well which leads to the rubbing of the bumpstop. Maybe I can order some extensions in place of the bumpstops in the kit...
Actually, the extensions you have are better in my opinion and your problem isn't with them but rather with the fact your axles have shifted towards each other due to the lift. The only way to correct this is with longer lower control arms.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bb 2.5

Hey Eddie,
You shamed me into installing this lift myself, rather than paying my mechanic to do it. I'm glad, I had fun. My observations of the kit and install so far: The washers for the rear shack extensions were too small for their corresponding bolts...:confused: a trip to the store, no biggy just kinda shabby. Next, I didn't diconnect the rear track bar; I disconnected the upper control arms, 6 one way half dozen the other. I got the bottom bolt in bump stops for the front as well. I like the kit a lot. Thanks for the excellent write up.
-Pat Walker
Old 03-22-2007, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

On my install I actually didn't have to disconnect the track bars at all. Just removed the shocks and sway bar links and muscled the springs and spacers into place. I found the same thing with the washers on the rear extensions. Mudblud, what size washers did you buy? I was running out of daylight so I installed mine without washers. I figure I can straighten out the steering wheel and get the correct size wahers on this weekend.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Hey duffman,
I took the bolt to the store, I think it might have been 5/16ths washers or the next size up. I just got my tires: 33"super swamper iroks! I love them. We ran Maxxis bighorns on some company trucks and liked them.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

I also had the wrong sized washers. I bought 3/8" washers. I got mine at lowes cost like a buck for five. Kinda bothered me I had to run to the store in the middle of the install.

Bryan
Old 03-25-2007, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

35s?
Got em yet?
Pics?
Rub?
Old 03-28-2007, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by duffman
On my install I actually didn't have to disconnect the track bars at all. Just removed the shocks and sway bar links and muscled the springs and spacers into place. I found the same thing with the washers on the rear extensions. Mudblud, what size washers did you buy? I was running out of daylight so I installed mine without washers. I figure I can straighten out the steering wheel and get the correct size wahers on this weekend.
Mine was the same, replacement bump stop extentions and the washers were the wrong size.

I also just left them off, I will probabbly pull them this weekend and put some in.

Other then that the install was pretty easy and seems to be working great. So far I haven't had any ESP issues.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:25 PM
JK Freak

WOL thx for the great write up. ill be installing this kit too and i have a few questions. is there a way to install additional spacer up front to level out the jeep? i have new bumper and winch that really make the front droop....ideas? suggestions? thx again for the great write up and all your help
Old 03-31-2007, 12:48 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by greggradwohl
35s?
Got em yet?
Pics?
Rub?
Yup, here's a couple...

and I got a ton of them here...

TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost w/35" Tires Pics

and here with the top off...

Topless Pics

Old 03-31-2007, 12:59 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Bamoman
WOL thx for the great write up. ill be installing this kit too and i have a few questions. is there a way to install additional spacer up front to level out the jeep? i have new bumper and winch that really make the front droop....ideas? suggestions? thx again for the great write up and all your help
Yeah, I hear ya. With the Warn bumper I have and PowerPlant, my front end ended up loosing 3/4" in height. I suppose the only real option would be to have the rear spacers cut down or add 3/4" spacers up front.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost Installation Write-Up