Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

TF 2.5 BB install problems

Old 01-20-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TF 2.5 BB install problems

I just got done with this install today on my 07 JK Rubicon.

I was able to due it without removing eather track bar. When installing and removing the front shocks had to use an adjustable as there was NO room for a 16mm socket and ratchet.

When came the rear, It gave me some troubles as the wheel speed wires needed to be extended by pulling out one of there tie in's on each side. then came the wire for the locker, i had to take it out of the holder that was attached to the axle housing. The fanilly was just trying to get the spacers into there pockets, being a girl it took a lot more then i had so i ended up putting the tire back into plate and used the stock jack to get it into place. Be carefull with the breather tube as well. I got it all back together except for the e-brake bracket.

I was wondering is anybody else has these or other problems?

Kat
Old 01-20-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the spacer problem, but gear wrenches work very well for the top of the front shocks.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar
Not sure about the spacer problem, but gear wrenches work very well for the top of the front shocks.
Exactly, I left the ratchet wrench in place (fixed) on the top nut and used a wrench on the shock body and ratcheted using the wrench on the shock body. Save kunckes and a little time.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess this means i need to buy more tools? Hmmmmmmmm...... Replace the regular wrenches in the wrench/ socket set with ratchet wrenches.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkkat
Guess this means i need to buy more tools? Hmmmmmmmm...... Replace the regular wrenches in the wrench/ socket set with ratchet wrenches.
Chicks. The best part about doing "projects" yourself is that you get to take a break to run and grab new tools that you "need".

(and don't forget the 30 pack while you're out!)
Old 01-21-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jkkat
Don't replace anything. Just add to the collection. And get something you don't really need too, it makes you feel good on the inside.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

i know this is a no-no, i'm pro "made in the usa" big time...but i couldn't pass it up...a set of metric ratchet wrenches for 9.99 at Target(set of 6, so 12 sizes)...i've tightened the crap out of the 21mm socket for my adj track and it's still holdin up fine...

Quick Reply: TF 2.5 BB install problems