Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Transmission Cooler

Old 01-17-2012, 06:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice write up
Old 01-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Transmission Cooler

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
No I haven't! I have not gotten around to purchasing one yet and I believe you just sold me sir! Thank you for the advice and as soon as I get off work, I will check it out and shoot you a PM. Thanks John!

-Eric
Eric,

Just following up on your post.

PM, E-mail, or Call for more information or to place an order.

John
Old 01-18-2012, 11:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ORWJK

Eric,

Just following up on your post.

PM, E-mail, or Call for more information or to place an order.

John
Hey John! Thanks! Sorry I've been out of town with work and had some yourself expenses get thrown my way (washer machine broke). I had to put my mods on the back burner for now. Your cooler is on my list. Once I have the money, I'll be giving you guys a call!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for this great write up. It was easy to follow and worked great. Of course I went to Amazon to get the transmission cooler and ended up getting the drake auto transmission shifter handle. Another super easy add on.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Just to let everyone know, we have packaged up another bunch of these cooler kits!
We have a bunch of both the stainless braided hose kits, as well as the typical black parker hose.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

With the B&M cooler, what size hose did you guys buy when adding more length? I just got back from Autozone and the guy sold me 3/8" id trans cooler hose. Problem is, its bigger than the barbs and the nipple on the cooler. Leaks like a beatch at the cooler. No matter how tight i get the hose clamps it still leaks at the cooler. the underside and front of my condenser is now covered in ATF.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Most likely you need 5/16". Most universal tranny coolers I've ever seen have all been 5/16". The hose should be reasonably snug when you push it onto the fitting. If it's at all sloppy-definitely too big.
For reference our JK cooler kit uses #6(5/16") Parker hose.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed today on my 2011. I did have to modify the install slightly. The holes on my 2011 in the upper cross member were too large for the self tapping screws. I ended up using the supplied bracket screws and lock washers on the top cross member and top brackets, and used some others that I had lying around for the bottom brackets. I used some rubber spacers at the bottom cross member and zip ties to secure the bottom instead of drilling the cross member and bending the brackets.

In the end my install looks much like the others. Hit the brackets and screws with a little flat black to blend it in and was ready for a beer.

Thanks to all for their contributions to this thread!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Glad you got it all together. Any pics of the finished install?

Originally Posted by phantomandy
Installed today on my 2011. I did have to modify the install slightly. The holes on my 2011 in the upper cross member were too large for the self tapping screws. I ended up using the supplied bracket screws and lock washers on the top cross member and top brackets, and used some others that I had lying around for the bottom brackets. I used some rubber spacers at the bottom cross member and zip ties to secure the bottom instead of drilling the cross member and bending the brackets.

In the end my install looks much like the others. Hit the brackets and screws with a little flat black to blend it in and was ready for a beer.

Thanks to all for their contributions to this thread!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Just ordered my B&M Cooler.

Quick Reply: Transmission Cooler