Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Tube Fender's a-custom

Old 12-16-2013, 07:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HardRooster
Just a quick update. I decided to buy myself a Christmas present and ordered a Ramsond CT50DY 220v plasma cutter on sale from Amazon for $349! I'm so excited to use it, I'm holding off my project until it arrives next week. Also waiting on a shipment of consumables but PLASMA CUTTER!

I love Christmas presents to myself.

Nice! I love mine.... makes life so easy sometimes and you'll sometimes wonder why you ever used a cutoff wheel and/or o/a to make those long cuts. Get yourself a high quality water separator (Motor Guard M-26 working well here) to extend the life of your consumables.

Report back on that brand. I have the lower end TD and it works great, but found that a friend's Longevity branded cutter is more accepting of wet air (consumables will last a while, on the TD they disintegrate quickly (and most, from my understanding)).
Old 12-17-2013, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Nice! I love mine.... makes life so easy sometimes and you'll sometimes wonder why you ever used a cutoff wheel and/or o/a to make those long cuts. Get yourself a high quality water separator (Motor Guard M-26 working well here) to extend the life of your consumables.

Report back on that brand. I have the lower end TD and it works great, but found that a friend's Longevity branded cutter is more accepting of wet air (consumables will last a while, on the TD they disintegrate quickly (and most, from my understanding)).
I didn't know that about the water, thanks for the tip. I have a few of those old motor guards lying around at work. They were stuffing them with rolls of toilet paper instead of filters which I never understood since water makes TP disintegrate. Wonder if I can find a filter somewhere for them. I'll definitely look into it and I'll report on its function when I get a chance to use it.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

I didn't know that about the water, thanks for the tip. I have a few of those old motor guards lying around at work. They were stuffing them with rolls of toilet paper instead of filters which I never understood since water makes TP disintegrate. Wonder if I can find a filter somewhere for them. I'll definitely look into it and I'll report on its function when I get a chance to use it.
Here's the info from Motorguard... their plasma specific filter. Looks like the replacement part is M-723.

Click image for larger version

Name:	delete1.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	517390

Assume the other filters they have will do a good job as well if you have another model, non plasma specific.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:18 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Thats the model I use on my plasma
Old 12-17-2013, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Interesting design for sure... but.... amazing free hand fab work. I love it. Can't wait to see what comes of it.

I honestly thing with larger rubber and wider stance this might actually look very cool.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's the info from Motorguard... their plasma specific filter. Looks like the replacement part is M-723.

Attachment 517390

Assume the other filters they have will do a good job as well if you have another model, non plasma specific.
Sweet, thanks for the info. Amazon has them for a tad under $12. I scrounged up an old motor guard with 1/2" fittings. I'll just measure it, make sure the filter is gonna fit and order it up. These things are ancient.

I'm dying to get back at this project already. Got a damn wedding to go to this weekend, but I'm doing Christmas on Sunday with my wife's family, so maybe I can get after it on my two day Christmas Holliday.

Last edited by HardRooster; 12-17-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

Sweet, thanks for the info. Amazon has them for a tad under $12. I scrounged up an old motor guard with 1/2" fittings. I'll just measure it, make sure the filter is gonna fit and order it up. These things are ancient.

I'm dying to get back at this project already. Got a damn wedding to go to this weekend, but I'm doing Christmas on Sunday with my wife's family, so maybe I can get after it on my two day Christmas Holliday.
Look on the Motor Craft website if this filter doesn't work for you... they probably have the proper replacement part number for you there.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Look on the Motor Craft website if this filter doesn't work for you... they probably have the proper replacement part number for you there.
The replacement filter is an inch longer than my ancient filter housing. They look like they can be cut down, maybe with a razor blade or a really sharp knife?
Old 12-17-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

The replacement filter is an inch longer than my ancient filter housing. They look like they can be cut down, maybe with a razor blade or a really sharp knife?
IDK... might work, but give those guys a call and see what they say. They might have a solution for you.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Christmas came early!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72867051@N00/11458647985/
Even came with a little water separator of its own. Now to put it all together.

Quick Reply: Tube Fender's a-custom