Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Under $2500 Gen 3 LS JKU Swap??

Old 10-31-2022, 10:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hopefully we will have all the LS swap parts available in the next few weeks. Plasma guy is cutting out a laundry list of parts right now. Everything will be listed on the shop website redrock4wd.com if youre thinking about doing it yourself.

im going to do a build thread on the GOOSE project so you can see more of the revisions to the parts as well as the design stages to get there...

Old 11-04-2022, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

just some pics from the shakedown run and all cleaned up after...

yep fire extinguisher.. trans fluid is a bit flammable lol

Old 11-04-2022, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

sneak peak of the new radiator mount for the 2 core aluminum radiators and the new engine cover match...
Old 01-19-2023, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever get the AC working? I'm looking at doing a very similar swap myself and I live is south Texas, so air conditioning is really not optional. Also, is Red Rock officially selling gen3 LS to JK swap parts now, like are they in stock and ready to ship?
Old 11-09-2023, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonm
Did you ever get the AC working? I'm looking at doing a very similar swap myself and I live is south Texas, so air conditioning is really not optional. Also, is Red Rock officially selling gen3 LS to JK swap parts now, like are they in stock and ready to ship?

I would like to know this as well @redrock101 . I will be doing this swap real soon and AC is something that I want to make sure works. I am going to try and keep the factory JK system but not sure if it will work.
Old 11-09-2023, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

yes i currently have inventory of 99% of the brackets etc for the basic ls jk swap.

yes I got the ac system set up. i will up load some pics later. i used a standard carling style on/off switch on the dash and a trinary pressure switch off the new drier bottle. adjusted my trans cooler/ps cooler bracket to hold a vintage air condenser as the jeep i originally did the ac system- i did one of my big race radiator/dual fan set ups so i got rid of the stock rad and condenser.

on this jeep- robs- it its 3 linked and trussed in the front so we have a high tower on the pass side. just before bump the link tower contacts the compressor. so rob still has his ac comp off the jeep. we are going to angle the top link bracket back to clear the compressor and up his bump stop pack a little as well.

the jeep im currently finishing a ls swap on- i capitalized on a new motor mount bracket design- drop in- no weld. with slight modification to the stock mounts, the LS ac compressor fits just fine. with the drop in mounts, we switched to a hooker style ls3 manifold as the drop ins move the engine further back so we can keep the factory alternator bracket and ps pump. the ebay swap headers are a no go with the drop ins, as the driver side gets totally buried in the firewall. even trimming off the v band and then still have to trim another 1" plus vertically.. etc etc so drop ins with ls3 manifolds, stock plug wires with stock heat sleeves and done.

in this jeep, like a few others before, i kept the stock JK radiator and condenser. built new lines from the ls comp to the condenser and firewall. i modified the stock ac line off the expansion block to mate to a new section of 10 hose than runs to the comp. the 6 line remained intact block to condenser. on the new 8 line from the comp to condenser, i tossed in a splice with a port so i could use the trinary switch to control the ac and fan.

the fan control runs through the trinary and controls a relay- of which the opposite side of the coil only is active when the ac switch is on- if you hook it to ignition power, the fan will always run as your system- if its all correct- should always be in the operating pressure range.

i am just about done with the orange jeep, simply called OJ around here, and will charge that ac system in a week or so. have clients build to complete so, OJ goes on the back burner for a minute. customers first.

Quick Reply: Under $2500 Gen 3 LS JKU Swap??