Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

What brand Tires would you suggest for a DD/Weekend Warrior

Old 07-12-2014, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What brand Tires would you suggest for a DD/Weekend Warrior

Im ready to lose the 35s and get some 37s put on the Jeep. The only tires i have experience with are TOYO M/T and iRocks. I really love the Toyos, they hold up GREAT in my opinion, but a lot of people i know tell me there are better ones out there that arent as heavy and will do a little better in the wet, when offroad. (Considering i live in the Pacific Northwest, Its kind of important) So far it's been suggested, Goodyear MTR Kevlar, and ProComp Xtreme MT2. I wanna hear more opinions though... so lets have it!
Old 07-12-2014, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Cooper Discover STT's and love them. They balance well, ride smooth, have great traction on and off road, and are quiet for being so aggressive of tread. They were also the cheapest tires when I bought my 37's
Old 07-13-2014, 04:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like its going to have to be an MT and honestly everyone will have their opinions. Pick one that they make in a 37, you're willing to pay for, and you like the looks of! I'm sure you wouldn't notice any performance difference offroad between any of the top tires. Nice looking JKU btw
Old 07-13-2014, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
I have the Cooper Discover STT's and love them. They balance well, ride smooth, have great traction on and off road, and are quiet for being so aggressive of tread. They were also the cheapest tires when I bought my 37's
Only down side I've heard of them is they wear fast but that was also from a guy with a 3/4 ton Chevy so take it with a grain of salt..
Old 07-13-2014, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Falken Wild Peaks work extremely well on and off the road. Very smooth on the road.

They're not very aggressive looking, but if I didn't see it with my own eyes, I'd never believe how well they perform off road.(Local trails, Moab and on the Rubicon)

The only downside is they lack traction in the mud.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Fellow Northwestern'r here. I'd recommend the Goodyear MTR's. I ran a set of 35's and now run them in 37's. I daily drive my jeep and do weekend wheeling trips everywhere in Washington as well as 1 or 2 trips down to TSF every year. They are a great tire for all around use in mud, snow, wet roads, whatever you throw at them. I've been extremely happy with them.

Ps. If you want a more aggressive tire I have a set of 37" BFG Krawlers for sale in the FS section.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Toyo AT2! Look cool, ride great, quiet, wear great and priced well. Get the extreme tread! Looks way better than wild peaks in person.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

I love my good year wrangler mtr with kevlar very good on street and agresive on the trail
Old 12-28-2014, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

For what it is worth my Goodyear DuraTracs (33x12.5R15LT) have not let me down. They have taken through 4' snow drifts in B.C and comfortably carried me from Calgary, AB to Mexico and back. There is a little little hum on the highway, but I can live with that. I have found them to be good a good all conditions tire (i.e. snow, mud, ice, rain...). If I remember correctly they were quite reasonably priced too.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

The Cooper ST Max is now available in a 37 x 17. It's very similar to Duratracs but they don't come in 37's.

http://www.treaddepot.com/group/dstmx.html

Quick Reply: What brand Tires would you suggest for a DD/Weekend Warrior