Notices
Last Frontier If you live in Alaska and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Folks in Alaska

Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just moved to anchorage from Texas. A buddy of mine took me out to Jim's Creek and luckily it was frozen over. Mind you I was in my 2013 and my only mod right now is a set of 33' duratracs. I got to reading about that area afterward and saw that the silt can be murder on a vehicle. I did have to take on a couple large puddles, about 6 inches deep each, and didn't raise too much hell as I've never been big on getting nasty anyway.. Can Someone explain to me the dangers of silt and what I need to do to be at low risk and possibly protect against it?

Further more, are there plenty of trails near by? Specifically something you can do near stock that doesn't require deep water and large rocks? Maybe ill take that stuff on when I get closer to paid off, but for now (or until I get another jeep) I think I'll just take in the scenery :p
Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically u will be going through seals and bearing a lot and fluids as well. When the snow is gone most of the trails r muddy. I live in soldotna and drive a 12 that's more stock than urs. It has not been offroad yet. I used to have a tj rubi on 35s and that's small for wheelin around here. Check out the Alaska4x4network.com.

Quick Reply: Folks in Alaska