Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

360?

Old 06-10-2008, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 360?

Just curious, does anyone know how much they are asking $$ on the property that everyone goes wheeling on(mainly the land on the West side of 360)? I highly doubt I could afford the payments on that land, but it would be neat to know what rediculous price they are asking! If I could afford it, I would buy it and open it as a pay wheeling park.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

360 in Austin?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure that they want way too much for it, but that would be awesome if someone would open a ORV park there.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

360 in Arlington?

That's a damn good idea. Is it for sale? I guess I never look at the signs. Not even sure how to look up the property online. Would probably PO all the people that have been going there for free all these years, but might also give everyone some piece of mind about legality and potential trespassing.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tovar_jk
360 in Austin?

Sorry, I should have specified! It is 360 in Arlington, just North of Six Flags.

A little back ground on what I am talking about; There is a vacant property in Arlington/ Grand Prarie(the property is in both cities, I thing it even corners a bit in irving) that people have been wheeling on for close to 30 years. It is privately owned, and has been for sale for the better part of 10 years. There is actually 2 properties, one on the west side of 360 and one on the east side of 360. The main property is on the west side, but people wheel all over it. You can access the property from Trinity RD, but it is not exactly legal. It isn't enforced, but it is still un-legal. I was in the area Saturday and thought it would be cool to own the property and make it an official wheeling property once and for all, but most likely I could never afford it by myself!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by myklt8
I am sure that they want way too much for it, but that would be awesome if someone would open a ORV park there.
My thoughts exactly, it would be great to have a wheeling park right smack dab in the DFW area. It would be close for everyone, Ft. Worth, Dallas, and even some of us coming from South of everything!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Big Clint
That's a damn good idea. Is it for sale? I guess I never look at the signs. Not even sure how to look up the property online. Would probably PO all the people that have been going there for free all these years, but might also give everyone some piece of mind about legality and potential trespassing.

Yes, it is for sale. There are for sale signs all over the East side of the property. I might do a little more research in this. I am going to find out how much they are asking. It is listed through some no-name realitor, I can't remember who. It may PO some of the guys that have been wheeling it for ever, but it would open a new door to the guys that stopped wheeling it cuz of legallity issues! I think it would be great. If I knew it would atleast support itself financially(as an ORV park), I would really consider talking to a bank about it, but I would be so scared that it would flop and I would be screwed! I highly doubt I could ever convince any investors to go in on this property.

Also, you can research on the net. Many of Many people have contacted the owner, about opening it up as a wheeling park. Normally the response to the request is, that they dont want to deminish the value of the property any more than what has already been done. He is trying to get a developing company to buy it so that he can become rich(which he is already) and it will become another concrete slab with some sort of business on it! So, contacting the owner is pointless unless you are buying it!

Last edited by DFW Rusty; 06-10-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Another thought...Wasn't Gilmer purchased by Texas STATE funding set aside for the development of off road parks and such? I wonder how much funding there is in that kitty and if a petition could be made to the state to purchase the land? It obviously wouldn't be for personal profit then, but it would establish 360 as a DFW based park.

I'm very interested in this venture. I bet there's a small (or even large) fortune being asked for the land. Would be great to establish a partnership and develop the thing.

And one more edit...how about a sponsor..."Screaming Lizard Off Road Park" located in the heart of the metroplex.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thought...Wasn't Gilmer purchased by Texas STATE funding set aside for the development of off road parks and such? I wonder how much funding there is in that kitty and if a petition could be made to the state to purchase the land? It obviously wouldn't be for personal profit then, but it would establish 360 as a DFW based park.

I'm very interested in this venture. I bet there's a small (or even large) fortune being asked for the land. Would be great to establish a partnership and develop the thing.

And one more edit...how about a sponsor..."Screaming Lizard Off Road Park" located in the heart of the metroplex.
I like the way you are thinking!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:27 AM
JK Freak

I will shoot an e-mail over to some one I know on the board of TMTC(Texas Motorized Trails Coalition) and see what he has to say about it. That would be a good idea, to get the tmtc involved in it.

I think a partnership, or shares is about the only way any one person could afford it(unless your mega rich).

A sponsor would be a great idea.

What a beautiful thing it would be, get off work and only have a 30 minute drive to go wheeling!!!!!

Quick Reply: 360?