Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Allen Samuels Jeep Chrysler Really Shafted me Mike Paschall Lin Corey Jason Falbo

Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggy
Having read the entire thread I really can't fault the dealer here. Its plainly stated in the contract what the deal is and you signed off on it. You might not have understood the agreement but its YOUR responsibility to understand it. Seemed like a fair deal to me except the winch and bumper. I would never buy upgrades like that from a dealer.
Thanks for reading the whole thread before bashing.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by y2kyamr6

I don't disagree with you. Sometimes it seems like the dealer prices are a little high compared to what is seen out there. What some may not know is that the price of 3200 is for parts and labor. It also has a 3 year 36 k warranty when it's installed at the time of purchase. If its done later it's usually 12 month 12 k miles.
Little bit of a hijack here, but when they charge double retail that's what gets me. I get mailings every week asking me to use the dealer for upgrades, but when the quote prices they're absurd.

Last quote I got from dealer was $699 for TF Performance Leveling Kit plus $400 install.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's not uncommon for a non-refundable deposit on a custom order. When they order for stock they select models/options they can sell. You shouldn't get the deposit back when YOU walked away. You should have caught the hardtop issue, that's why they had you confirm the order. The trade in only applies to the moment of offer. You could have taken the new Jeep and sold your trade on your own. I doubt if you will get what you are looking for and if you disparage them when they have the contracts to show all issues were your own then they can sue you.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't disagree with you. Sometimes it seems like the dealer prices are a little high compared to what is seen out there. What some may not know is that the price of 3200 is for parts and labor. It also has a 3 year 36 k warranty when it's installed at the time of purchase. If its done later it's usually 12 month 12 k miles.
Also this allows you to roll the mods into your financing... since the OP still owed 17k on his '07 I have a feeling he rolled some mods into his financing the first time around which is why he was asking about that.

Edit:

And since we talking about it... why is the price on the first sheet 448 over msrp?

I agree with above saying the second sheet looks like a much better deal than first sheet...

The first sheet you are agreeing to 448 over MSRP (I assume I didn't see your order sheet) and 17k for the trade, second sheet includes below invoice pricing and an extra 70 bucks for the trade... thats night and day better deal.

Last edited by hypeiv; 01-16-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Wow let me see. You agree to buy the Jeep at 36000 and give you 17000 for your trade. Then when you come in and mention the tread lightly discount we honor that discount to sell it for 32000 even though there is a signed agreement and give you more for your trade.
I am a bit confused as to how we are the bad guy in this deal. Looks like to me you are the winner there.
i told yall i was a member of Tread Lightly when i ordered the jeep...you still make money on the jeep with that dicount as the invoice is not what you really paid for the jeep...you tell me verbally you will give me 19,300.00 for a trade-in and honor the discount YOU have an agreement with Tread Lightly to offer to all its members...your not GIVING me anything there...YOU offered the deal to Tread Lightly....Then you lowball me to 17k on the trade-in on the day of delivery thinking ill fold and take the hit seeing i waited so long for the jeep....i signed no agreement agreeing to 17000.00 for my trade-in...do you see my signature on any of those pieces of toilet paper i posted with your chicken stratch on it????? your confused? clearly you are.....bad guy????
well that speaks for itself....and yes i got a jeep from another dealership the same day you suckered me...i am the winner
Old 01-16-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Biggy
Having read the entire thread I really can't fault the dealer here. Its plainly stated in the contract what the deal is and you signed off on it. You might not have understood the agreement but its YOUR responsibility to understand it. Seemed like a fair deal to me except the winch and bumper. I would never buy upgrades like that from a dealer.
yea the salesman hit below the belt by subjesting a bumper ive always wanted 4 years ago when i got my first jeep....and ive never had a Warn winch and went thru 3 winches in 4 years that were not Warns...so i was itching for those both and didnt have the extra cash to buy them w/o rolling them into the sale of the jeep...plus i have a bad back and just cant chance hurting it and missing the work...so i agreed to pay the 3200.00 as i hoped they wouldnt change the trade-in amount if i sweetened the deal with add-ons...i was clearly wrong for not noticing the 17000.00 on the paper work, but before the paper work was filled out we reached a deal for price of ordered jeep and trade in....when they filled out the paperwork he pointed to the 19,370.00 number and said "and heres what we are giving you for your trade in" he later said they would have to do a " reavaulation for the trade-in when the new jeep comes in " that raised a flag to me and i asked the salesman if they would offer me something crazy low when the jeep comes in? he said " no it should not change much if any " and i didnt sign any of those agreements....just the dealership has signed them...i re-painted my Mopar bumper and put it on the new Jeep, The best part is getting my License Plate on.....AIRBORNE !!!!!

Old 01-16-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

yea thats why i agreed to the 3200.00 for the bumper winch....i told him that was 700.00 more than what i could buy it on-line so that i was paying 700.00 for the install and the bumper to bumper warranty....i tried to get him to go to 600.00 but he/you wouldnt budge....when i asked the salesman at Tomball Jeep he said that the sales ppl have to buy the parts from parts....parts mark them up to make a profit from sales....so sales marks them up again to off-set the cost paid to parts....so the customer gets a part marked up 2 times before the customer buys the part....seems fair to me
Old 01-16-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TXCheney
Little bit of a hijack here, but when they charge double retail that's what gets me. I get mailings every week asking me to use the dealer for upgrades, but when the quote prices they're absurd.

Last quote I got from dealer was $699 for TF Performance Leveling Kit plus $400 install.
wow...that is crazy...i ordered that same kit the other day and cant wait for it to show up....the bumper is an extra 80lbs and the winch will be another 90-100lbs so im sure im gonna need the extra 2in in the front soon....i got mine on Quadratec for 136.00....i installed the 2.5 teraflex on the old jeep with a friend in my garage using the write-up from this forum in 3 hours....this one cant be too bad to do.....i hope...this is old jeep after i put the lift in

Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hypeiv
Also this allows you to roll the mods into your financing... since the OP still owed 17k on his '07 I have a feeling he rolled some mods into his financing the first time around which is why he was asking about that.

Edit:

And since we talking about it... why is the price on the first sheet 448 over msrp?

I agree with above saying the second sheet looks like a much better deal than first sheet...

The first sheet you are agreeing to 448 over MSRP (I assume I didn't see your order sheet) and 17k for the trade, second sheet includes below invoice pricing and an extra 70 bucks for the trade... thats night and day better deal.
i joined Tread Lightly a week before i made the deal with the dealership in december....they said i would need to be a member for 30days before they would give me the prefered pricing....but they said dont worry, by the time the jeep shows up it will be past the 30days and it was and they quoted the prefered pricing on the second sheet after the 30 days
Old 01-16-2012, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bamoman
i joined Tread Lightly a week before i made the deal with the dealership in december....they said i would need to be a member for 30days before they would give me the prefered pricing....but they said dont worry, by the time the jeep shows up it will be past the 30days and it was and they quoted the prefered pricing on the second sheet after the 30 days
Unless I can't read I am pretty sure that was your signature on the order sheet. So you saying that you had no idea this and no idea that and the trade values change I don't buy it. It was all there in black and white.
Yes we need to re look at trades after a order comes in. Usually there is a difference making the value lower. In your case it went up.
It was a mistake that was made it was misread no reason to bash. Like the other poster said, you could have taken your Jeep to carmax like you did anyway and still purchase the Rubicon. We would have done the deal either way.

Quick Reply: Allen Samuels Jeep Chrysler Really Shafted me Mike Paschall Lin Corey Jason Falbo