Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Amarillo repair shop or 4x4 shop needed for tomorrow Xmas eve

Old 12-23-2012, 09:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amarillo repair shop or 4x4 shop needed for tomorrow Xmas eve

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...adtrip-258145/

Here is a post in the JK tech forum.

I got a room in Amarillo tonight and need a shop tomorrow to put a little heat and a hammer to straighten out the lower sway bar mount and mounting post. Anyone know if any shop that might be open on Xmas eve???
Old 12-24-2012, 12:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Brightwhite
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...adtrip-258145/

Here is a post in the JK tech forum.

I got a room in Amarillo tonight and need a shop tomorrow to put a little heat and a hammer to straighten out the lower sway bar mount and mounting post. Anyone know if any shop that might be open on Xmas eve???
i wouldnt use heat unless completely necessary.
you CAN drive w/out 'em - but its dangerous when turning.

find a small sledge hammer (small 3 lb should do) - pull the wheel & beat that thing straight(er)

if you cant find an open biz, go to a truck stop (theyll be open on Christmas even, they never shut), most of 'em have on duty mechanics or TIRE sales/changing facilities on premise that could fix this in no time.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bushpilot

i wouldnt use heat unless completely necessary.
you CAN drive w/out 'em - but its dangerous when turning.

find a small sledge hammer (small 3 lb should do) - pull the wheel & beat that thing straight(er)

if you cant find an open biz, go to a truck stop (theyll be open on Christmas even, they never shut), most of 'em have on duty mechanics or TIRE sales/changing facilities on premise that could fix this in no time.
Thanks for your reply in the tread. Great idea on the truck stop, that had never crossed my mind.

Quick Reply: Amarillo repair shop or 4x4 shop needed for tomorrow Xmas eve