Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Laptop crashed.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laptop crashed.

This is the first time I've been able to get on here all week because my laptop died afterr my 16 YO daughter used it over the weekend. Luckily, I had bought a 3 year service contract and they'll replace the HD at no cost to me. The bad thing is I lost all my data because I didn't back anything up like I know I should. This is my 7th PC and the first HD failure. I guess I got complacent. Luckily I uploaded a lot of pics to Photobucket.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by N2rock
I then gave the old one to Shannon- she has been using it for a year now without a single problem

Maybe she isn't visiting the same virus laden websites as you. Here's a tip: If the girls on the site look like they have a virus, then the site probably does too.

Side note - I honestly thought the title of the threat was "laptop crushed" and I was hoping for pics and an interesting story!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bmcollier
Maybe she isn't visiting the same virus laden websites as you. Here's a tip: If the girls on the site look like they have a virus, then the site probably does too.

HA-ha, I actually laughed for that.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bmcollier
Here's a tip: If the girls on the site look like they have a virus, then the site probably does too.

Well, ya... thats about right.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I got a call from Best Buy as I was leaving work today the the HD had been replaced. Then they told me it would cost $129 plus tax to have the OS installed, since I had no recovery discs. If I had them, it would be no charge. Now I have to contact HP and get them, so it'll be another week or so.

Edit. I contacted HP after work today and they're sending me a recovery disc for no charge, except for shipping.

Last edited by 07 RBY; 04-19-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:39 AM
JK Super Freak

It's home now with a new 160 GB HD. I could have sworn the old one was only 100 GB. I called HP last Sat., (04/19) and ordered recovery disc. They promised me a delivery date of 04/23, but they arrived Tues, 04/22. Now the fun begins; reinstalling all the programs and configuring.

Quick Reply: Laptop crashed.