JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Lone Star State (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/lone-star-state-47/)
-   -   SE Texas (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/lone-star-state-47/se-texas-174380/)

TxCop07 04-19-2011 07:16 PM

SE Texas

If anyone is from SE Texas or anywhere near the Golden Triangle area post up with your name/where your from/ your Jeep/what type of wheelin' you like.

Andy from Nederland, Tx and I drive a 2007 Jeep Green Rubicon with 4" Rough Country SL and 2" BDS BL sitting on 37" Goodyear MTR's and 17" Craiger Soft 8's. I like playing on rocks, riding wooded trails and cruising the beach.

Imrahil 04-19-2011 08:30 PM

Derek here from Vidor. 2010 Rescue Green 2 Door Rubi on 35's. Snorkel, MBRP roof rack, 5.13 gears, stinger bumper, Warn Power Plant, and many other lil things.

I'm a huge fan of anything to do with trails, rocks, boobs, beer, and strip clubs.

ke5rto 04-20-2011 05:23 AM

Brian from Groves. All my mods are in my sig.

I prefer beach, rocks and trails...not a big fan of deep mud holes.

I just bought this Jeep in October, so I haven't had the chance to really do any trailing with it yet, since I have spent most of my time/money fixing it up so I can go do those kind of things.

Imrahil 04-20-2011 08:36 AM

I think we are about the only 3 on these boards from our area. Y'all ever meet up with the Beaumont off road group?

ke5rto 04-20-2011 08:45 AM

I think I have seen a few others on this forum from our area.

As far as the Beaumont off-road group, no I have not met up with them. I have subscribed to the Houston Jeep People lists (I have a former classmate in that group), but have not been able to make any of their meet & greets.

With as many JK's we have in this area, I am surprised there isn't a Jeep club in Mid-County.

knnphillips 04-20-2011 08:48 AM

Not from SE Texas but I am from SW Louisiana and the jeep scene here is the same see them everywhere but no jeep clubs

ke5rto 04-20-2011 10:28 AM

You know, with a small group (3-5 jeeps) it would be fun to go and do some things, like maybe try a sabine to high island beach run or maybe even go to one of the trail parks and camp overnight. I know my 12yr old son would love that.

Imrahil 04-20-2011 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by knnphillips (Post 2241647)
Not from SE Texas but I am from SW Louisiana and the jeep scene here is the same see them everywhere but no jeep clubs

Always out and about around y'alls area. In fact Monday I had to be in Jennings for some business so I ran out to Lake Arthur and took 14 out through all of the Wildlife Preserves and out to Holly Beach, followed the coast line all the way back into Texas. Some pretty spots out there and a lot more relaxing then IH-10.

Originally Posted by ke5rto (Post 2241791)
You know, with a small group (3-5 jeeps) it would be fun to go and do some things, like maybe try a sabine to high island beach run or maybe even go to one of the trail parks and camp overnight. I know my 12yr old son would love that.

I am always up for a run, just let me know when. As long as I can get off pavement I am happy, but even more so when I get to break out the tent/hammock.

TxCop07 04-20-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Imrahil
I think we are about the only 3 on these boards from our area. Y'all ever meet up with the Beaumont off road group?

There is a group local not only JK's. PM me and I will let ya know.

TxCop07 04-20-2011 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by knnphillips

No you are not technically from SE Texas but we will claim you though. Post up your name/ride/etc.