Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

SE Texas

Old 04-19-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE Texas

If anyone is from SE Texas or anywhere near the Golden Triangle area post up with your name/where your from/ your Jeep/what type of wheelin' you like.

Andy from Nederland, Tx and I drive a 2007 Jeep Green Rubicon with 4" Rough Country SL and 2" BDS BL sitting on 37" Goodyear MTR's and 17" Craiger Soft 8's. I like playing on rocks, riding wooded trails and cruising the beach.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Derek here from Vidor. 2010 Rescue Green 2 Door Rubi on 35's. Snorkel, MBRP roof rack, 5.13 gears, stinger bumper, Warn Power Plant, and many other lil things.

I'm a huge fan of anything to do with trails, rocks, boobs, beer, and strip clubs.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Brian from Groves. All my mods are in my sig.

I prefer beach, rocks and trails...not a big fan of deep mud holes.

I just bought this Jeep in October, so I haven't had the chance to really do any trailing with it yet, since I have spent most of my time/money fixing it up so I can go do those kind of things.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think we are about the only 3 on these boards from our area. Y'all ever meet up with the Beaumont off road group?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I have seen a few others on this forum from our area.

As far as the Beaumont off-road group, no I have not met up with them. I have subscribed to the Houston Jeep People lists (I have a former classmate in that group), but have not been able to make any of their meet & greets.

With as many JK's we have in this area, I am surprised there isn't a Jeep club in Mid-County.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not from SE Texas but I am from SW Louisiana and the jeep scene here is the same see them everywhere but no jeep clubs
Old 04-20-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

You know, with a small group (3-5 jeeps) it would be fun to go and do some things, like maybe try a sabine to high island beach run or maybe even go to one of the trail parks and camp overnight. I know my 12yr old son would love that.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knnphillips
Not from SE Texas but I am from SW Louisiana and the jeep scene here is the same see them everywhere but no jeep clubs
Always out and about around y'alls area. In fact Monday I had to be in Jennings for some business so I ran out to Lake Arthur and took 14 out through all of the Wildlife Preserves and out to Holly Beach, followed the coast line all the way back into Texas. Some pretty spots out there and a lot more relaxing then IH-10.

Originally Posted by ke5rto
You know, with a small group (3-5 jeeps) it would be fun to go and do some things, like maybe try a sabine to high island beach run or maybe even go to one of the trail parks and camp overnight. I know my 12yr old son would love that.
I am always up for a run, just let me know when. As long as I can get off pavement I am happy, but even more so when I get to break out the tent/hammock.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Imrahil
I think we are about the only 3 on these boards from our area. Y'all ever meet up with the Beaumont off road group?
There is a group local not only JK's. PM me and I will let ya know.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by knnphillips
No you are not technically from SE Texas but we will claim you though. Post up your name/ride/etc.

Quick Reply: SE Texas