Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

Middle Fork Jeep Trail... Montana

Old 10-04-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Middle Fork Jeep Trail... Montana

Longest video yet. I had three cameras going so quite a few different angles of the trail. The first part of the video is an all day overland trip to get to our cabin... with about 15 miles of snow. Probably 50 miles of gravel that day, we ended up a a restored ranger station around 4:30pm. The next day is the Middle Fork trail, it was closed for over a decade and in a legal battle to keep it that way. Last June the forest service lost, and the trail was re-opened after being closed. The trai lis famous for 28 river crossings in ten miles, and then the road dead ends... so you have to go back the same way! In Sept. the trail is a 2.5 or so, in spring it ca nbe impassable. A group of highly modifed rigs tried to run it with 38's and 40's - 3 hydrolocked. This is not that trip... LOL ! We are the group who waits until we can get through without spending 5000 in repairs. So enjoy the video... the road may be closed again soon.

http://youtu.be/MtFed1TBaxY
Old 10-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sunnysideup
Longest video yet. I had three cameras going so quite a few different angles of the trail. The first part of the video is an all day overland trip to get to our cabin... with about 15 miles of snow. Probably 50 miles of gravel that day, we ended up a a restored ranger station around 4:30pm. The next day is the Middle Fork trail, it was closed for over a decade and in a legal battle to keep it that way. Last June the forest service lost, and the trail was re-opened after being closed. The trai lis famous for 28 river crossings in ten miles, and then the road dead ends... so you have to go back the same way! In Sept. the trail is a 2.5 or so, in spring it ca nbe impassable. A group of highly modifed rigs tried to run it with 38's and 40's - 3 hydrolocked. This is not that trip... LOL ! We are the group who waits until we can get through without spending 5000 in repairs. So enjoy the video... the road may be closed again soon.

http://youtu.be/MtFed1TBaxY
Great area...wife's parents live in grangeville Idaho so we do a lot of runs in elk city and with atv's there's over 3300 miles of trail
Old 11-02-2013, 10:15 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

this is not near idaho... This is central Montana. Probably one of the wettest trails in the state! We have a group going in July this next year, and maybe some might camp down in the bottom deep in on the trail! Putting details together now...
Old 11-03-2013, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Thank You-keep looking into the Blue Sky with clouds, what a nice trail ride
Old 11-03-2013, 04:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another great video, keep em' coming.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like heaven.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would love to get in on he next trip there..July sounds perfect. What city is this near?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by ldstruckn
I would love to get in on he next trip there..July sounds perfect. What city is this near?
Well it's near eddies corner, Lewistown, harlowtown on the south... Utica on the gravel road to the northeast... Not really near any of them. It looks like the plan is the weekend after the 4th of July. I will update up with the date when it's closer! There is a camp ground at trailhead about a mile from the cabin and a campground at the cabin. Both have an outhouse, fire pits, and are free camping areas.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:24 PM
JK Freak

Nice video. I spent a few years in Great Falls, and makes me miss Big Sky Country even more!

Quick Reply: Middle Fork Jeep Trail... Montana