Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: getting closer - let's get a count - in or out for the dunes?
I'm in
71.43%
Can't make it
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[Oklahoma] Midwest Little Sahara Run (December 13th)

Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Oklahoma] Midwest Little Sahara Run (December 13th)

I'm going to make a trip to Waynoka, OK sometime in December to visit Little Sahara for the day. Looking at either 12/13 or 12/20. If anyone is interested, post up here and I'll keep you informed - and let me know if the 13th or 20th works better for you - I'm open.

Edit 1 (11/13) - set the date to Saturday, December 13th.
Edit 2 (12/8) - please mark the poll to indicate if you are coming.

Here is a link to the site for info. JackMac4 also has some pics in his gallery of one of his trips there.

http://www.waynoka.com/littlesahara/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Last edited by JKsJK; 12-08-2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: created a poll
Old 11-10-2008, 12:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll probably be able to make it to either of those weekends...13th more likely than the 20th though.

more info here as well: http://www.touroklahoma.com/detail.asp?id=1+5U+3602
Old 11-10-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Let me check my schedule, but that place looks sweet. The 13th would be the only time I could do it though. How do you think my barbie tires will hold up in the sand?
Old 11-11-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Parrothead
How do you think my barbie tires will hold up in the sand?
Never know till you try. Last time I had a blast and as long as you air down it wasn't too bad in the sand.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im sad i no longer live by there.. that place is awesome in a jeep!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by davebloomer
im sad i no longer live by there.. that place is awesome in a jeep!
And? Just because you live out in the sticks now doesnt mean you cant make a day trip to the dunes!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMac4
And? Just because you live out in the sticks now doesnt mean you cant make a day trip to the dunes!
exactly. i'm over 5 hours away, can't imagine you're further. come on man - gas is cheap (relative to a couple months ago) - one more trip? if you haven't sold by then, come on out. i'm assuming there is less chance for damage to the jeep at the dunes, but

doesn't matter to me, so if the 13th seems to work better for some, let's just plan on that so we can set a date - jackmac4, is there a way to put the date in the thread title? i don't know how to change that.

my plan - heading to tulsa friday night for some heavy drinking and will leave from there with a friend saturday morning... probably get to little sahara around noon and spend the day.

Last edited by JKsJK; 11-13-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JKsJK
exactly. i'm over 5 hours away, can't imagine you're further. come on man - gas is cheap (relative to a couple months ago) - one more trip? if you haven't sold by then, come on out. i'm assuming there is less chance for damage to the jeep at the dunes, but

doesn't matter to me, so if the 13th seems to work better for some, let's just plan on that so we can set a date - jackmac4, is there a way to put the date in the thread title? i don't know how to change that.

my plan - heading to tulsa friday night for some heavy drinking and will leave from there with a friend saturday morning... probably get to little sahara around noon and spend the day.
Done

When you guys head in from Tulsa you can probably stop by my house, I'm right on the way. And I can join you from there. Here's a map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...77&ie=UTF8&z=7
Old 11-13-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Done

When you guys head in from Tulsa you can probably stop by my house, I'm right on the way. And I can join you from there. Here's a map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...77&ie=UTF8&z=7
gracias.

perfect - i'll be in touch as it gets closer.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

It is official, I am definitely going to try to plan to maybe be there.

Right now my schedule looks open for the 13th, but I never know for sure until it gets closer.

Hope to see you out there!!!

Last edited by Strong Bad; 11-14-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Quick Reply: [Oklahoma] Midwest Little Sahara Run (December 13th)