Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: getting closer - let's get a count - in or out for the dunes?
I'm in
71.43%
Can't make it
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[Oklahoma] Midwest Little Sahara Run (December 13th)

Old 11-30-2008, 10:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may join you guys on this one.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:02 PM
JK Freak

I'm afraid i wont be able to make this trip... I have too much going on this month.

Have fun guys!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kTiM5
I may join you guys on this one.
I met another TJ owner in Enid yesterday at Atwoods. Has an m416 trailer that I was eyeing.

JKsJK what time were you planning on leaving form Tulsa? I'll probably have to head over to waynoka in the morning so I can be done at a reasonable time. Have a christmas party that night at the wife's boss house that I gotta attend.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

it looks to be about 3-3.5 hours from tulsa. i was planning on getting there between 11 and noon, but was going to swing by your place. if you need to go sooner we can just meet there.

how long do you typically spend out there?

i can get out there earlier if that works better for everyone.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Jedi

You can spend a day out there for sure between the trails and the dunes theres a lot of screwing around to do - but also keep in mind the days are shortest right now, so you might want to get there earlier than 11. If you leave Tulsa at 7 you could be at my house by 9 without issue. I'd leave by then at the latest - as the best time will be when the sun is out.
I gotta be back by probably 4:30 at the latest so I'll have to leave around 3-3:30.

Its really up to you, since you're driving the furthest - just let me know when you wanna be out there and we'll do it.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

i just didn't know how much there was to do out there and wanted to give people some time to get out there in case they were driving a long ways. i'm cool with leaving earlier - i'll plan on getting to your place at 9 then. good?
Old 12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JKsJK
i just didn't know how much there was to do out there and wanted to give people some time to get out there in case they were driving a long ways. i'm cool with leaving earlier - i'll plan on getting to your place at 9 then. good?
Good by me - last time me and davebloomer went, we got out there and spent the whole day screwing around. Its basically just a big playground so how long you play just kinda depends on how much you like playing in the sand box
Old 12-01-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Good by me - last time me and davebloomer went, we got out there and spent the whole day screwing around. Its basically just a big playground so how long you play just kinda depends on how much you like playing in the sand box
k, we'll plan on that.

how's that lift coming? got all the parts in? going in this weekend, right? anxious to see it.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got a kitchen pass for this, since the wife is on call. I am planning to do this unless jacmac needs help fixing his install.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:16 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JKsJK
k, we'll plan on that.

how's that lift coming? got all the parts in? going in this weekend, right? anxious to see it.
I'm planning on going still, but please don't be mad if I have to cancel. Depending on how things go this week with the install, I wouldn't be surprised if my wife veto's next weekend for me. I think she's already a little frustrated at how much time its sucking away.

But even if I can't go, you all are sure welcome to stop by!

Quick Reply: [Oklahoma] Midwest Little Sahara Run (December 13th)