Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: getting closer - let's get a count - in or out for the dunes?
I'm in
71.43%
Can't make it
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[Oklahoma] Midwest Little Sahara Run (December 13th)

Old 11-14-2008, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strong Bad
It is official, I am definitely going to try to plan to maybe be there.

Right now my schedule looks open for the 13th, but I never know for sure until it gets closer.

Hope you see you out there!!!
great - hope you can make it.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Hmm....

This looks very VERY interesting...

Soo... jim Beam and Sprite and a floor at Jacks?

Old 11-17-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big A
Hmm....

This looks very VERY interesting...

Soo... jim Beam and Sprite and a floor at Jacks?

I gotta admit that was a very good mix - I'll have to explore that some more. For the record, we nearly finished off that bottle between the two of us. I was pretty toasted!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JackMac4
I gotta admit that was a very good mix - I'll have to explore that some more. For the record, we nearly finished off that bottle between the two of us. I was pretty toasted!
hehe

And to think... Your down playing this, you lush! how many beers AND Jim Beam?

I had 3 Newcastles, And 3 stiff JB and Sprites...

I slept GOOD when i got home!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 PM
JK Freak

Do you have to have a flag on your Jeep at Little Sahara??
Old 11-20-2008, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

yes, flags are required. jackmac cautioned me about this, so i assume you are not able to purchase the flags there.

here is some other info from the website:

Dunes Fees:
DUNE ACCESS FEES ARE NOW CHARGED 365 DAYS A YEAR The Park is open to riding 24 hrs. a day, 365 days a year. Dune access fees are $ 7.00 per day

Camping Fees:
First Come, First Serve RV Campsites W/ Electrical Hook Ups (30 amps) $15.00 per day (includes camping fee). RV Campsites W/ 50 amp Electrical Hook Ups $16.00 per day (includes camping fee). Tent Sites $ 8.00 per day

Park Safety Rules:
  • All vehicles must have a WHIP attached to the ORV that extends 10 feet from the ground to the top of the whip.
  • All vehicles must have a 6"x12" FLAG attached within 10" of the whip's tip that is either bright red or bright orange in color only with no writing on the flag.
  • All vehicles must have Lights, front and rear, for night use.
  • Dune buggies and 4x4 vehicles must have a ROLL BAR sufficient to support the weight of vehicle and must have a seat belt for every passenger.
  • Reckless operation of off-road vehicles, such as "wheelies" or "power slides', is prohibited in the campground area.
  • You must stay within park boundaries.
  • Full coverage HELMETS are strongly suggested, and of course riding is at your own risk.
  • Your are required to stay within the posted SPEED LIMITof 15 MPH. ORVs should use low gears only.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:41 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JKsJK
yes, flags are required. jackmac cautioned me about this, so i assume you are not able to purchase the flags there.

here is some other info from the website:

Dunes Fees:
DUNE ACCESS FEES ARE NOW CHARGED 365 DAYS A YEAR The Park is open to riding 24 hrs. a day, 365 days a year. Dune access fees are $ 7.00 per day

Camping Fees:
First Come, First Serve RV Campsites W/ Electrical Hook Ups (30 amps) $15.00 per day (includes camping fee). RV Campsites W/ 50 amp Electrical Hook Ups $16.00 per day (includes camping fee). Tent Sites $ 8.00 per day

Park Safety Rules:
  • All vehicles must have a WHIP attached to the ORV that extends 10 feet from the ground to the top of the whip.
  • All vehicles must have a 6"x12" FLAG attached within 10" of the whip's tip that is either bright red or bright orange in color only with no writing on the flag.
  • All vehicles must have Lights, front and rear, for night use.
  • Dune buggies and 4x4 vehicles must have a ROLL BAR sufficient to support the weight of vehicle and must have a seat belt for every passenger.
  • Reckless operation of off-road vehicles, such as "wheelies" or "power slides', is prohibited in the campground area.
  • You must stay within park boundaries.
  • Full coverage HELMETS are strongly suggested, and of course riding is at your own risk.
  • Your are required to stay within the posted SPEED LIMITof 15 MPH. ORVs should use low gears only.
Yes, there is a little gas station just north of the park where most people air up/down, fill up, and buy flags. I'd just make sure you have a mount point. I use my cb antenna mount point and just disconnect my antenna. Although, this time around I have a second mount point.

I'd recommend picking up a tire carrier cb antenna mount and using it if you don't already have a place. I'd also pick up a tennis ball or else the whip will bang the shit out of your hardtop if you have one.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:42 AM
JK Jedi

Old 11-20-2008, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

I zipped tied mine to the tailgate handle, And it worked great!

Just cuz i'm a picture whore!

Me pulling this truck out (Notice the flag)

Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

Thanks guys, I figured you had to have a flag just wanted to make sure. looks like i am off that weekend so i will be there!! i'll start looking for a flag now or i will make one at work.

Last edited by odin725; 11-20-2008 at 06:06 AM.

Quick Reply: [Oklahoma] Midwest Little Sahara Run (December 13th)