Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: RSVP: Are you coming to the install party
Yes
72.73%
No
27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

[Oklahoma City Area] TeraFlex 4" Lift Install Party Dec 6th @ Noon

Old 12-07-2008, 02:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Boo! Trading in is for the weak!

I am actually planning on keeping my tires/wheels - for future trailer project.

Here's the live update: Rear shaft is on - ended up being pretty easy really, just slow going since we've never done it before. We're going to get the front on next (which everyone says is harder, then we'll have to adjust the pinion angles.
There just isn't enough room in the 2-door. There is a sweet 6-speed Detonator Yellow Unlimited X with 3.73's, lockers and swaybar disco for $29K in Rolla, I have to look at a deal with the rebate. The Rubi is an automatic w/Mygig and I don't want either.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boo! Trading in is for the weak!

Here's the live update: Rear shaft is on - ended up being pretty easy really, just slow going since we've never done it before. We're going to get the front on next (which everyone says is harder, then we'll have to adjust the pinion angles.
Good luck on the Drive shafts. I got new Front and Rear from TF! My front has been adjusted to +8 to -1 Caster and still got a vibe. I am probably going to take it in Tuesday to a drive shaft shop to re-balance it. Front and Rear just to be safe. And I bent a front sway bar link this weekend... It was too short.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just a quick update for you all - we took several steps backwards - all the rear arms were installed wrong. plus I don't have all the tools so I had to drop $200 at sears just to get the right tools

it'll be a few days before I'm up and running unfortunately.

somebody didn't follow the directions!!!!!

Last edited by JackMac4; 12-07-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
JK Junkie

just a quick update for you all - we took several steps backwards - all the rear arms were installed wrong. plus I don't have all the tools so I had to drop $200 at sears just to get the right tools

it'll be a few days before I'm up and running unfortunately.
How were they wrong??
Old 12-07-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Gokracer1
How were they wrong??
Well let me amend that statement - they might have followed directions right, I think its the directions that are wrong possibly.

There is conflicting information on the flex arms. The rear lower arms were definitly done wrong. The rubber bushing goes to the frame, but they were installed to the axle.

The rear uppers its unclear - according to the instructions they are to be installed joint to the frame, but you cant adjust them without taking the entire arm out if you do that. Not only that, but the bend rubs on the frame. It looks like the one labeled driver arm should be on the passenger side to me, but its labeled driver.

I'm pretty much a total loss right now on what to do about the rear uppers. The rear lowers I cant do until I figure out what to do about the rear uppers, so I'm kinda stuck.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Junkie

Well let me amend that statement - they might have followed directions right, I think its the directions that are wrong possibly.

There is conflicting information on the flex arms. The rear lower arms were definitly done wrong. The rubber bushing goes to the frame, but they were installed to the axle.

The rear uppers its unclear - according to the instructions they are to be installed joint to the frame, but you cant adjust them without taking the entire arm out if you do that. Not only that, but the bend rubs on the frame. It looks like the one labeled driver arm should be on the passenger side to me, but its labeled driver.

I'm pretty much a total loss right now on what to do about the rear uppers. The rear lowers I cant do until I figure out what to do about the rear uppers, so I'm kinda stuck.
I know I have mine set where the rear lowers are bushings to frame. And the rear uppers are flex joint to frame along w/ the adjusting lock nut on the frame side on the uppers. I adjusted mine this week, you can get a cresent in through the wheel well to loosen or tighten the nut. I had to disconnect it at the axle side to adjust thou. I had to removed the bump stop blocks on the alxe to get the bolts out. Then I loosened the locking nut on the control arm. and removed the arm from axle side. That's how I did mine and it is set up.

OH and the sticker on the upper labeling the drivers arm is on the drivers side with the sticker at the frame side. I took it out this weekend and flexed it all up. The only problem I had was the front sway bar links on my kit were too short so it folded the wrong way and bent it on the passenger side. Other than that it was good.

Last edited by Gokracer1; 12-07-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Gokracer1
I know I have mine set where the rear lowers are bushings to frame. And the rear uppers are flex joint to frame along w/ the adjusting lock nut on the frame side on the uppers. I adjusted mine this week, you can get a cresent in through the wheel well to loosen or tighten the nut. I had to disconnect it at the axle side to adjust thou. I had to removed the bump stop blocks on the alxe to get the bolts out. Then I loosened the locking nut on the control arm. and removed the arm from axle side. That's how I did mine and it is set up.

OH and the sticker on the upper labeling the drivers arm is on the drivers side with the sticker at the frame side. I took it out this weekend and flexed it all up. The only problem I had was the front sway bar links on my kit were too short so it folded the wrong way and bent it on the passenger side. Other than that it was good.
Ok - see the way they lay it out its not that way, and piginajeep was telling me that he thought the adjustable end should go at the axle side so you can easily adjust it. It sounds like the bottom line is its not easy to adjust it!

To get my pinion angle right its looking like its going to take 9 full rotations on the rear uppers - seems like a lot - do you remember how many yours took? I'll definitely take some pics of all this when I'm done and do a post for future reference, because if I had this many questions, surely someone else will at some point.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:02 PM
JK Junkie

Here are pics of mine I took real quick... These are all the drivers side from different angles

From the drivers side looking in the LR wheel well

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1498ds.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	16280   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1499.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	16281   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1500.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	16282   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1501.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	16283  

Last edited by Gokracer1; 12-07-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Jedi

Thanks, I thought thats what you're saying. I'll go out there and start flipping my uppers back.

Now I'm setting the pinion angle with the uppers, getting the axle inline with the new driveshaft. It doesn't seem that I really need to move my rear lowers. Was that the case with you?
Old 12-07-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Junkie

Ok - see the way they lay it out its not that way, and piginajeep was telling me that he thought the adjustable end should go at the axle side so you can easily adjust it. It sounds like the bottom line is its not easy to adjust it!

To get my pinion angle right its looking like its going to take 9 full rotations on the rear uppers - seems like a lot - do you remember how many yours took? I'll definitely take some pics of all this when I'm done and do a post for future reference, because if I had this many questions, surely someone else will at some point.
I didn't have to turn too many at all on the uppers.... My lowers are at like 1 maybe 2 turns and my uppers 3 or 4. I have the 3" also so that could be where we are different. And I stuffed the wheels up in there this weekend and nothing rubs. Its where it needs to be in the rears for me

Quick Reply: [Oklahoma City Area] TeraFlex 4" Lift Install Party Dec 6th @ Noon