Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: RSVP: Are you coming to the install party
Yes
72.73%
No
27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

[Oklahoma City Area] TeraFlex 4" Lift Install Party Dec 6th @ Noon

Old 12-07-2008, 06:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Thanks, I thought thats what you're saying. I'll go out there and start flipping my uppers back.

Now I'm setting the pinion angle with the uppers, getting the axle inline with the new driveshaft. It doesn't seem that I really need to move my rear lowers. Was that the case with you?
Ya I know explaining is confusing so that's why I snapped some pics. Good luck, I am still trying to get rid of my driveline vibes.... I think my front is out of balance. Like I said I tried every angle from +8 caster to negative caster and still vibes.

Last edited by Gokracer1; 12-07-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

just a quick update for you all - we took several steps backwards - all the rear arms were installed wrong. plus I don't have all the tools so I had to drop $200 at sears just to get the right tools

it'll be a few days before I'm up and running unfortunately.

somebody didn't follow the directions!!!!!
Sorry to hear about yur challenges, man. Believe me that it will be worth it when you get through your installation pains.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright, well I got the uppers at least back on in the right direction - but jesus, I hope I don't have to adjust them again. That flag bolt on the passenger side for the rear upper is a pain in my ass. For some reason every time I undo it, it takes me 20 minutes to get it back on. The driver side goes on like a champ, but the gas tank makes the passenger side a real chore.

Tomorrow night I'm going to hopefully swap the rear lowers around and get my pinion dialed in. Then onto the front driveshaft and front axle. Thankfully its not too off center, so hopefully I can get it all done tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you going to work on it during the week, or put it of until this weekend? If you put it of until next weekend, I will cancel on Little Sahara and could come up and help.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by quicktsi
Are you going to work on it during the week, or put it of until this weekend? If you put it of until next weekend, I will cancel on Little Sahara and could come up and help.
Hopefully I'll have it done by tomorrow or the next day. It is not only my primary vehicle, but my work vehicle - so I gotta get it back up and running soon.

If I have to work on it all week, I have a feeling I won't be able to make the dunes run - my wife is already tired of me working on the jeep and its only 2 days into it....if anything, I may not be able to stay as long as you guys - I'll just have to play it by ear.

I'm hitting the hay - tomorrow, round 3 - fight!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:50 PM
JK Freak

Man, i hate to hear that. If you don't get it all done during the week let me know and i will come up this weekend and help you get it all straighted out.
I hope i didn't do anything that messed up anything to bad.if there is anything i can do just let me know.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by odin725
Man, i hate to hear that. If you don't get it all done during the week let me know and i will come up this weekend and help you get it all straighted out.
I hope i didn't do anything that messed up anything to bad.if there is anything i can do just let me know.
No - you guys are all fine - we just made some mistakes on the rear mostly it looks like, but no biggie. It just takes me a lot longer than 7 of us to fix it. I'm hoping to have it all done tonight.

All that is left is to flip the rear lower arms, double check the rear measurements, remove the front yokes, install the front shaft, and adjust the front.

BTW, I uploaded some pics here: http://flickr.com/photos/jackmacokc/...7610836256097/
Old 12-08-2008, 06:44 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Oh, good, no pictures of me anywhere near those rear control arms.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice pics.

What size tires are those?
Old 12-08-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

I guess Jack will have to show us how we did it wrong.I thought we followed the instructions.

Quick Reply: [Oklahoma City Area] TeraFlex 4" Lift Install Party Dec 6th @ Noon