Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Black Hills run July 29th through August 2nd

Old 02-28-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snopro269
Yeah I can't wait to actually scrape some paint on my bumpers and sliders on my jeep. I only have a 2.5 TF lift but hopefully it will be good enough on the easy trails!!
Oh with your set up you will have no problems running camp 5 and the harder trails....I'm more worried about ripping my lights off the top through the trees..But yeeeha thats what wheeling is......

Last edited by funtimes; 02-28-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Default Damage pshhhhhhhh

I am doing a bunch of armor mods in prep for this summer. Camp 5 has a bunch of trails that lead off of it and have varying degrees of difficulty, there should be plenty for everyone. I wish this wasn't so far off, i'm getting pretty excited to actually have a bunch of likeminded people together for a weekend of Jeep fun
Old 02-28-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKDakotaEd
I am doing a bunch of armor mods in prep for this summer. Camp 5 has a bunch of trails that lead off of it and have varying degrees of difficulty, there should be plenty for everyone. I wish this wasn't so far off, i'm getting pretty excited to actually have a bunch of likeminded people together for a weekend of Jeep fun
your Rubi should have all the armor you need....what more would you need???? Camp 5 is a good trail to do for any skill....it will teach the new guys to watch and listen to the spoter and maybe even some recovery skills.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

I do have a full recovery kit so if anyone wanted to do some demo recoveries so everyone can see the proper way that might be interesting. I could probably learn stuff as well. I was just thinkin of doin that full RROR underbody armor setup and some PSC rocker knockers and rocker armor this spring time and money will tell........
Old 02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

ya i've thought about up grading the under armor myself but i've beat the hell out of this thing the last 3 yrs in Moab and have no problems except the front drive shaft...the rubi armor is actually pretty damn good so i decided against doing anything....
Old 02-28-2011, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

No worries man, my cousin will have a barebones jeep!! Probably new off the showroom floor!!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

We get to help him break it in? ooooooooo fun first scratch is on me
Old 02-28-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Black Hills run

07JKDakotaEd,
....Deadwood, beer...gaming at the Lodge....

I may have to check into this one

WHat is the dead line for being in or out....

I might be out in a week or two, I will look you up if I am.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

The deadline would be if you are or aren't in the parking lot the first day we head out for the trails This is a very casual trail run as I test my abilities as host to this sort of an event

Rattler- let me know when your comin:P)
Old 02-28-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKDakotaEd
The deadline would be if you are or aren't in the parking lot the first day we head out for the trails This is a very casual trail run as I test my abilities as host to this sort of an event

Rattler- let me know when your comin:P)

----I hope its a noon start, because after a night at the lodge....the nights tend to run into the mornings

But in all seriousness, I will definatly look into this, I may have to roll the jeep out before and fly out of Rapid that week...very do able.

I will start speading the word to the other guys.....

Quick Reply: Black Hills run July 29th through August 2nd