Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Black Hills run July 29th through August 2nd

Old 02-28-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More the Merrier

Sounds good
Old 02-28-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah I will probably have to say no worries about moving fast in the AM on vacation. I always figured the early mornings gives people time to be ready to roll at 10:30-11:00 all fueled up and repairs fixed!!! Plus a few to "knock off the Edge" from the night before!!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKDakotaEd
The deadline would be if you are or aren't in the parking lot the first day we head out for the trails This is a very casual trail run as I test my abilities as host to this sort of an event

Rattler- let me know when your comin:P)
good call on the deadline....as we get closer we will have to get into more details of whats going on...we have pleanty of time to finalize this trek...I'm thinking we may want to talk about the start times...last time I was there we spent all day on a trail and we left at 8AM so we may have to think about that....if we have 4-5 guys 10-11am may work but looks like it is growing so we'll have to figure this out....
Old 03-01-2011, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

No worries about my crew we mostly want to see the scenic trails or point us in that direction and maybe hit a more difficult trail another day. If it ends up a day of difficult trails and a early start my guys can always hit an easy trail for the day!! We are pretty chill laxed !!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

I will have lots more info when the date gets closer. I am also pretty sure that a lot of our trails have bypasses on the more difficult parts which means everyone (in theory) could hit some moderate trails but just skip the hard stuff if they want to.

Start time? I'm at everyones mercy, whatever everyone wants to do is fine by me. I'm not the best morning person either
Old 03-01-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

come on Snopro you don't want to drive all the way to the Hills and drive around on gravel roads....Let's get that Rubi of yours broke in. It would be a waste of a Rubi to gravel road it. Anyhows we have plenty of time to see who's coming and make some decisions....My feeling is if were going to drive all that way, lets do some wheeling....you'll always remember driving through camp 5 and the tougher wheeling trails but you'll quickly forget about the dusty gravel road, tree and grass trails..Either way it will be fun to meet everyone from around here.....
Old 03-01-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey I aim to please! I'm up for whatever, just don't wanna hold the people back from a late start. My Rubi aka "Bubba" will be ready. I have stock skid plates except benchmark oil pan, evap skid and Rokman diff covers. I have Shrockworks sliders and a mid width front bumper with a expedition one rear bumper all with Virgin Paint on it!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Once again... I'm still tentative based on Uncle Sam's plan. If I'm back, plan on it! The pictures look great, if you have anymore they would be appreciated. Looking forward to an adventure! MidWest JK might actually happen!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snopro269
Hey I aim to please! I'm up for whatever, just don't wanna hold the people back from a late start. My Rubi aka "Bubba" will be ready. I have stock skid plates except benchmark oil pan, evap skid and Rokman diff covers. I have Shrockworks sliders and a mid width front bumper with a expedition one rear bumper all with Virgin Paint on it!!!
I've been dragged, pulled, dropped and pushed over rocks with the Rubi skid plates so your in good shape...The one thing to remember with virgin paint is, once you scratch it for the first time then it doesn't matter anymore..The first time I dropped off white knuckle hill in Moab and bent my nice new bumper, I was devistated, that lasted for 4-5 seconds until I realized how awesome it was what I just did. After that it just became a cool battle scar... Dents and cratches are battle scars on the Jeep and give you respect...(except if it was done out of stupidity)

Old 03-01-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by funtimes
I've been dragged, pulled, dropped and pushed over rocks with the Rubi skid plates so your in good shape...The one thing to remember with virgin paint is, once you scratch it for the first time then it doesn't matter anymore..The first time I dropped off white knuckle hill in Moab and bent my nice new bumper, I was devistated, that lasted for 4-5 seconds until I realized how awesome it was what I just did. After that it just became a cool battle scar... Dents and cratches are battle scars on the Jeep and give you respect...(except if it was done out of stupidity)

Uh... couldn't you just let this guy ride in the passenger seat instead of the bumper?

Quick Reply: Black Hills run July 29th through August 2nd