Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Mid-West Run - Superlift ORV (Hot Springs, AR) July 24-26

Old 07-11-2009, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I managed to secure me a couple more bottles of this heavily rationed Iowa goodness, I will bring along a bottle of Templeton Rye Whiskey.

This is sipping good, leave the Crown for the shots
Old 07-11-2009, 05:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK

Welcome to the event Bro!!!

Jack a couple more to update 2 from arkansas
Who? I didnt see any....

And yes, I think we plan to BBQ at odin's cabin on Saturday night if that's cool with him - that was the impression I got....I'm not too worried, I'm sure we'll find a place to converge.

I can bring some good oklahoma ground beef - our meat market here is phenomenal.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will bring several growlers ( what would you expect from a wiredawg) of beer from my favorite St. Louis brewery.

schlafly.com/beers.shtml

I will also bring some bottle conditioned Stackhouse series beers from KC. These will all exceed the average alcohol contentby a considerable margin.

The BBQ sounds like a perfect way to get everyone together. I may need another cooler
Old 07-11-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKRockStomper
Guys, count me as a maybe. I am tryin' to get the Jeep road trip worthy. Got it back from the alignment shop and the toe was more than 6 degrees out, no wonder why I went through front tires in 3,000 miles. Also the front passenger tire is off positive camber. Currently it has an appointment at the dealer to see if the camber issue will be covered my the warranty.

I will keep you all posted on my status.

I knew it was bad but holy
I kinda feel bad about the the "Creek" trail now. Well a little anyway.

If you need help making it trail worthy let us know.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wiredawg_mg
I knew it was bad but holy
I kinda feel bad about the the "Creek" trail now. Well a little anyway.

If you need help making it trail worthy let us know.
At this point in time, I do not think the last time we did the creek that caused any damage besides pointing the inner tie rod end down. The Jeep is aligned at the moment with the stock tires waiting to get into the dealer on Thursday. The only thing that we can do at this point wait to see what the dealer will cover or not cover. I need to figure out what is causing the positive camber issue.

The shop that I take it to says that it might be a bent outer axle shaft or knuckle or C-member, that is why it is going to the dealer. Hopefully they can get it diagnosed and drivable before the 24th so I can at least drive down to Superlift with you all. Time will tell how much I will wheel on the trip.

I will keep you all posted.
Thanks

Last edited by JKRockStomper; 07-11-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKRockStomper
At this point in time, I do not think the last time we did the creek that caused any damage besides pointing the inner tie rod end down. The Jeep is aligned at the moment with the stock tires waiting to get into the dealer on Thursday. The only thing that we can do at this point wait to see what the dealer will cover or not cover. I need to figure out what is causing the positive camber issue.

The shop that I take it to says that it might be a bent outer axle shaft or knuckle or C-member, that is why it is going to the dealer. Hopefully they can get it diagnosed and drivable before the 24th so I can at least drive down to Superlift with you all. Time will tell how much I will wheel on the trip.

I will keep you all posted.
Thanks
Looks like you might need an offset tie rod end in you future Looks like the C gussets might be a good investment.

Hopefully you can get it corrected under warranty, I will keep my fingers crossed
Old 07-12-2009, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wiredawg_mg
I will bring several growlers ( what would you expect from a wiredawg) of beer from my favorite St. Louis brewery.

schlafly.com/beers.shtml

I will also bring some bottle conditioned Stackhouse series beers from KC. These will all exceed the average alcohol contentby a considerable margin.

The BBQ sounds like a perfect way to get everyone together. I may need another cooler
oh hell yeah!

mention good beer, And i am there!

Count me in guys, I got the time off from the company... Whether i have a job when i get back is another story.

Now, I just need my freaking bumper to arrive in time, And a call to them 2 nights ago, Theyh said it is being built monday. Aslong as it's shipped by the 16th, I should have it in time.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big A
oh hell yeah!

mention good beer, And i am there!

Count me in guys, I got the time off from the company... Whether i have a job when i get back is another story.

Now, I just need my freaking bumper to arrive in time, And a call to them 2 nights ago, Theyh said it is being built monday. Aslong as it's shipped by the 16th, I should have it in time.
Sweet!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Who? I didnt see any....

And yes, I think we plan to BBQ at odin's cabin on Saturday night if that's cool with him - that was the impression I got....I'm not too worried, I'm sure we'll find a place to converge.

I can bring some good oklahoma ground beef - our meat market here is phenomenal.

Odin and I are in the same cabin and I think there should be room for a BBQ there as long as we got a pit it says we have a large grill. If that is cool with everyone else in our cabin

Here is the big table on our back deck I think it will be perfect for everyone

Adam Glad your comin BRO! Are you gonna stay with us?

Rockstomper you better get that thing fixed, which dealer are you taking it too??

Area51 I might try one of those rye whisky's on the rocks with ya I like a good sipping drink,

USAF I will bring some stuff too, maybe some Kabobs,

We got a good group going!!!!!

4WHELIN, ARSAHARA, WARTHOG, are you guys attending so we know the count???

Red
Old 07-12-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK

Here is the big table on our back deck I think it will be perfect for everyone

Hey is just me or do you see a face in the tree right behind the deck???

Quick Reply: Mid-West Run - Superlift ORV (Hot Springs, AR) July 24-26