Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: What works for you?
Yes, I want to participate and the date is good in my calendar!
90.91%
Yes, I want to participate but that weekend is no good!
9.09%
Not interested in meeting up, I'm a stick in the mud.
0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mid-West Winter Meetup - December 8th @ Disney, OK

Old 10-26-2007, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by armycop
Where exactly is Disney? I have to see how long of a drive it is. Then I have to find a dogsitter for my souglyheiscute bulldog.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=UTF8&z=8&om=1
Old 10-26-2007, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=JackMacOKC;215177]That all depends on how many people are coming up..if its a small group we can probably just crash at my place.[QUOTE]

I'm confused,lol What/Where is "my place"? I will plan on comming no matter what. I have some welding to do on my Jeep but will have it ready.

Last edited by TORN; 10-26-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:44 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TORN
I'm confused,lol What/Where is "my place"? I will plan on comming no matter what. I have some welding to do on my Jeep but will have it ready.
My family has a couple houses in Disney, OK...just down the street from Hogan's ORV. Convenient place to crash and/or camp. There is also a state camping ground down the street.

What kind of welding are you doing? I'm going to have to come up there so you can show me how to do some welding. I almost picked up a simple flux welder at harbor freight just yesterday.

Here's more info on Disney http://www.extreme4wheelin.com/langley_disney.htm
Old 10-27-2007, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
My family has a couple houses in Disney, OK...just down the street from Hogan's ORV. Convenient place to crash and/or camp. There is also a state camping ground down the street.

What kind of welding are you doing?
I mashed in the bar that protects the disco motor. I am going to weld in a piece of square tubing, I dont have a good welder,going to have a guy close to my home do it. If you will have a place for a few jeepers to stay ,that would be great. Funds are low now and with Christmas comming it would help me out. We will wait and see. Thanks
Old 10-27-2007, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd like to but it's a little too far for me to make it. Springfield is 250 miles west of me which is very do-able, but on to Disney makes for a long drive. Sorry.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will have to give a definate maybe.... I have to see the schedule around then. It will be a 3-4 hr drive for me. I will have to see about this one. I really would like to go to Disney though. According to the map, though everything is a 4-5 or higher except one trail!
Old 10-28-2007, 07:24 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by armycop
I will have to give a definate maybe.... I have to see the schedule around then. It will be a 3-4 hr drive for me. I will have to see about this one. I really would like to go to Disney though. According to the map, though everything is a 4-5 or higher except one trail!
I have a stocker Rubi - most of it should be fine for me from what I hear. Nothing like living on the edge a little! If its too much then I'll just enjoy spotting. It's all about getting out there.

If you read their scale, their 4-5 is like lockers and 32" tires required...nothing crazy.

I call Hogan's and ask him about it this week.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Disney is a blast even if you never hit a trail. I played on nothing but the rocks for a full 8hrs last Jan.

I'd like to attend if possible but i'm just a poor little YJ owner. Would like to actually get to wheel with you Jeff.

Even if I can't make this one our club will be at Disney weekend of Jan 5.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by YJ_Aaron
Disney is a blast even if you never hit a trail. I played on nothing but the rocks for a full 8hrs last Jan.

I'd like to attend if possible but i'm just a poor little YJ owner. Would like to actually get to wheel with you Jeff.

Even if I can't make this one our club will be at Disney weekend of Jan 5.
Is that a club run date? I'll have to keep that in mind as well. I love to take every opportunity to go to my lake house. Its always relaxing, even in January.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes that's a club event. I would like to come play with the JK's but seems like a lot of fuel to go a month apart. College student budgets suck.

Quick Reply: Mid-West Winter Meetup - December 8th @ Disney, OK