Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

OK bs

Old 03-24-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today....I became a FREAK....
Old 03-24-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coondog33
Today....I became a FREAK....
Congrats!!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Jeep fixed. How many of you have ever seen your Sentry light on the dash? Have you ever noticed that single, red LED that's just to the upper right of the fuel gauge? There's no label--why bother to label it when there's only one? Anyway, when Jeff and I went to start my Jeep this morning, I noticed that light was on. And I recognized it from when I had a bad key: It tells you that the key you have is bad when it flashes. But mine was staying on solid. I looked that up in the owners' manual and saw that means I have an electronics problem. Come on, Jeep, couldn't you be a little more specific? Anyway, we disco'd the battery for ten minutes, reconnected and the Jeep started immediately, and that light was off, like it should be. And I've started it several times since.

Because Jeff was down here we went ahead and tended to a few other chores on our Jeeps--rotating tires, lubing, etc. And then Curtis called and wanted to talk for a couple hours. So that's why I was delayed updating everyone.

But, bottom line is I don't know what caused my Jeep to get into a funk. I now have a fix, but it would sure be nice to know that it's permanent.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

glad to hear its fixed and up and running!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Jeep fixed. How many of you have ever seen your Sentry light on the dash? Have you ever noticed that single, red LED that's just to the upper right of the fuel gauge? There's no label--why bother to label it when there's only one? Anyway, when Jeff and I went to start my Jeep this morning, I noticed that light was on. And I recognized it from when I had a bad key: It tells you that the key you have is bad when it flashes. But mine was staying on solid. I looked that up in the owners' manual and saw that means I have an electronics problem. Come on, Jeep, couldn't you be a little more specific? Anyway, we disco'd the battery for ten minutes, reconnected and the Jeep started immediately, and that light was off, like it should be. And I've started it several times since.

Because Jeff was down here we went ahead and tended to a few other chores on our Jeeps--rotating tires, lubing, etc. And then Curtis called and wanted to talk for a couple hours. So that's why I was delayed updating everyone.

But, bottom line is I don't know what caused my Jeep to get into a funk. I now have a fix, but it would sure be nice to know that it's permanent.
Awesome! Thats good!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

Any one now of a good place for an alignment after the loft goes on Saturday? Or at least one that's open on Saturday lol
Old 03-24-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mean.Green
Any one now of a good place for an alignment after the loft goes on Saturday? Or at least one that's open on Saturday lol
My buddy takes his TJ to that hurcules at 71st and Elm. Not sure about Saturday's though.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Mean.Green
I've heard of tents on Jeeps, but, wow, a loft. That should be something!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jfreeddo

Congrats!!!!
Was that you I saw at Elm and QT.....
Old 03-24-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
...But, bottom line is I don't know what caused my Jeep to get into a funk. I now have a fix, but it would sure be nice to know that it's permanent.
Blame it on the electronic/electrical gremlins that reside in our JKs . But so long as it's fixed, I guess that's all that matters