Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Best food in Moab thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:34 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best food in Moab thread

Traveling solo this time, so that means that I always get first choice in resturants on this trip.

I know that the options are limited in such a small town and have been to Moab a few times so I already know about Zaks, Moab Diner, and Moab Brewery. Also know to get my ready-made subs for lunch on the trail at the City Market.

What's your favorite and why?

I'm a burger and fries guy so this time I'll be sure to hit Milt's.

There's more than one Mexican food resturant. Which one is better? Pick your measure: salsa, green chili, margs, etc?

Best steak? Best steak that doesn't cost $40?

Coldest beer? I mean a bottle that ices up a little on the top when you crack it open or cold on-tap served in an icy mug.

Best chinese food? Buffet?

Any BBQ in town?

What else? Anything off the beaten path? Is the food at the bowling ally any good? Great tacos at a gas station?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:57 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Also... worst food in Moab. A recommendation to "stay away" is just as valuable.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:57 PM
JK Freak

I'm yet to have a good steak here. Last two trips recently I have gotten a steak at two different restaurants and they weren't good.
I Like the slick rock cafe. I always get there meatloaf, I find it very delicious. My wife got their pork chops tonight and they were very good too.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love Eklecticafe on the north end of town for a great hippie breakfast, and I dig Sing Ha Thai restaurant on Center for some kick butt pad thai and crispy duck. Buck's is also on my list cause I usually stay at Portal RV Park (and it is walking distance).
Old 04-18-2011, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toad
Where did you go? I've had steak at The Branding Iron and thought it was really good.
Last month i had one at Moab brewery and last night had one at Zak's. Neither of them were that great.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Forum Media Contributor

I've been to Zaks, and it's ok. They can handle bigger groups. But, our favorite Italian food in Moab is definitely Pasta Jays! Yum!! Just drive down Main Street and you can smell the yummy ingredients. It's one of those places with a bunch of tasty dishes each with different sauces, and some good tangy spice. Love it!!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

The best Mexican is on the North end of town I can remember the name, but its next to the rock store that has all of the old mining carts out front.

The Steak at Red Cliffs lodge is really good. Its a bit of a drive up the river but we like getting out of town. When its crowded the food tends to take a hit, so we usually make a reservation for early in the week.

Pasta Jay's is one of our Favorites

Moab Brewery has great burgers, and their onion rings are great.

Moab Diner for Bananna Splits. Old School, three huge scoops of ice cream.

Zak's is good but usually packed, Eddie McStiff is a good pizza alternative.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Jailhouse Cafe on Main for breakfast

It can get crowded though.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Can't remember the name but for good and cheap Mexican food try the little place on the right side of Main heading south out of town. Past McDonald's but before you get thru the big curve. Mostly take out, a few tables great breakfast burritos.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another vote for Pasta Jay's and The Moab Brewery (love their lizard ale).

We've been to Zak's a handful of times but probably won't go back again for quite awhile, pizza quality hasn't been the best lately (of course it is a buffet so...).

Quick Reply: Best food in Moab thread