Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

>> Mid-West 2010 EJS Caravan to Moab <<<

Old 01-01-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default >> Mid-West 2010 EJS Caravan to Moab <<<

Who's going to Moab for Easter Jeep Safari? I'm leaving March 25. I hope to see some of you from the midwest there. It should be a blast! A lot of $$, but I want to do it at least once.

Howdy
Old 01-01-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At this point I'm planning on going, but I haven't made any reservations or firm plans yet.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

We will be there for the same dates! ^^^
Old 01-03-2010, 04:31 AM
JK Jedi

mowaab and scootrrydr, I think the conversation was more pointed toward the mid-west for caravanning purposes and such. I think it's pretty safe to assume a lot of people from utah will be at moab, and we all are infinitly jealous how close it is to you!

Hey Howdy, are you taking the I-70 route? I did last year and it was ok for the most part. Although we barely made it..one day later and we would have been struck for a few days. Vail gets hit with big winter storms still at that time of year and they still shut down the highway. I'm thinking of taking the southern route this year to ensure getting through.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 AM
JK Jedi

FYI, I am making reservations and am making plans - so looks like I'm going to be at EJS at this point.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Default Dang!

Originally Posted by JackMac4
mowaab and scootrrydr, I think the conversation was more pointed toward the mid-west for caravanning purposes and such. I think it's pretty safe to assume a lot of people from utah will be at moab, and we all are infinitly jealous how close it is to you!

Oops! I just saw the thread title and thought we were posting up!

I do have a dilema though....should I eat at Subway or Mcdonalds for lunch at my halfway point for my 3 hour journey to Moab.....
Old 01-05-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What can someone expect to pay for a 3-4 days of wheeling. I was on the EJS website and noticed you pay a fee per trail. Just curious, cause it's gonna be a hell of a drive from Knoxville, TN. I may be 2011 before I can make it. lol

-Chad-
Old 01-05-2010, 01:47 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JKChad
What can someone expect to pay for a 3-4 days of wheeling. I was on the EJS website and noticed you pay a fee per trail. Just curious, cause it's gonna be a hell of a drive from Knoxville, TN. I may be 2011 before I can make it. lol

-Chad-
Yes, if you wheel with the Redrock guys you have to pay a fee - this fee covers the fees for permits that they have to get and the runs are guided. Permits are required for large groups.

You don't have to pay anything to wheel in moab in small groups though. We just wheel where the RR4W guys aren't at and we were fine. Theres so much wheeling that it's rarely a problem if ever.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:48 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
Oops! I just saw the thread title and thought we were posting up!

I do have a dilema though....should I eat at Subway or Mcdonalds for lunch at my halfway point for my 3 hour journey to Moab.....
Dude, 5 dollar footlong all the way!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Yes, if you wheel with the Redrock guys you have to pay a fee ...
What Jack said. I'd also add to go ahead and send them a note or e-mail or whatever to get their EJS newspaper. That will have a schedule that you can use to determine where they are each day, so you can figure out when you can go on trails you wish to wheel when they're not using them. Also, last year's came with a number of interesting postal stamps--some high dollar ones worth keeping for anyone who collects.

Quick Reply: >> Mid-West 2010 EJS Caravan to Moab <<<