Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

White Rim Trail

Old 11-27-2015, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!
Cant wait to do this next year. I've been to Moab for some mt biking but never in the JK.
Is May too early to start planning a trip for WRT?
Old 01-08-2016, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have down WRT three times. Once in my Jeep and twice in an F350. love this trip very much. I am always willing to go again. I like stay three nights. Airport, White Crack and Potato Bottom. It takes so long to drive the entire trail because you will want to stop often and take photos. There are so many different views to see with each turn. The trail in the park is 112 miles long and, I think, from Moab, back to Moab is 150 miles total. Not completely sure on that. It could have been pavement to pavement was 150 miles. So be sure you have a full tank before you set out. Reservations are required.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110428_080823.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	634211Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110428_080830.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	634212

I could not find all my good photos. But I love White Rim Road. After seeing this post I am thinking to head out there again this winter before EJS. There is just so much to see. Every 1/4 to 1/2 mile you will want to pull of and look over the edge and take some photos.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdash
We pretty much did this last year. We ran Potash road and the white rim trail just to muscleman arch, ate lunch then headed back to go up Shafer Switchbacks. After the switchbacks we ran "the island in the sky" road over to Gemini Brigdes trail and ran that down. It was a fun, easy day run. It was a good way to see a lot of the scenary that makes Moab so amazing.

I just printed off several maps of the island in the sky area last night. Did you do the 77 mile loop from the Rangers Station? That looks awesome. I'm planning a several month long trip there in a year or so.

Just have to do a skid plate, lift kit and winch before that, LOL.

Quick Reply: White Rim Trail