Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

$4500 budget, my build in the making

Old 02-29-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $4500 budget, my build in the making

Hey all, im finally getting around to dumping some cash in my jeep. It's a 08 Rubicon Unlimited 6 speed 65,000kms. I've been wanting to start wheeling for a while now and hopefully can find the time And a few guys in my Area to go with.

Mods already done are as follows

Kc slim lights
Drilled mirrors
Front End bar
HIDs
Nightshadex lighting
Oh shite handles
Clutch bypass switch

My order as follows

315/75/16 Duratracs on procomp 7031 wheels
2.5" TF coil lift, reusing rubicon shocks
1" daystar body lift
Superchip flashpaq
MBRP catback
AEM Brute force intake

Let's hear some opinions on this setup, im really just excited yay
Old 02-29-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Not to change the topic but what exactly is the clutch bypass mod?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds sweet! Make sure you have shock extension brackets. Also if you are planning on wheeling in much mud I personally think you will not be satisfied with those tires. Just my opinion. To each thier own. Also where did you get your HIDs? What did they cost?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 1978cj7jk2012
Sounds sweet! Make sure you have shock extension brackets. Also if you are planning on wheeling in much mud I personally think you will not be satisfied with those tires. Just my opinion. To each thier own. Also where did you get your HIDs? What did they cost?
Yah I'm getting the kit with the extensions thanks, im not planning on anything crazy offroad but who knows. I want tires that are gonna be great in snow and ice as im in Canada and I've heard nothing but great things about the Duratracs. The rubicon tires are horrible in snow/ice. I had a Sahara and the duelers where way better. I got my hids from a local aftermarket car parts place.I have 10,000k fogs and driving lights wired off of relays because they daytime runners don't run high enough voltage to properly run the lights. I think they were roughly 300 a set?

Originally Posted by prpichm
Not to change the topic but what exactly is the clutch bypass mod?

It's a switch wired to ground off of the clutch circuit. Basically I don't need to push in the clutch to start the Jeep. It's nice in the winter. You also could install a cheapo starter but you gotta be sure she ain't in gear or byebye jeep lol. Also the switch must be off or cruise won't work. There is a writeup somewhere for it.

Quick Reply: $4500 budget, my build in the making