Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

**help**

Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **help**

Ok I need help!!! I have no idea what is wrong with my girlfriends jk! It's an 07 2dr and while she was driving it down a main street it just bogged down and wouldn't move.. the rpms would still rev up but wouldn't move... she tried putting it into 4wd and still wouldn't move. On cold nights it did have some trouble starting in the morning but it will eventually start, but sometimes it just won't start at all... we had it towed to the dealer and they hooked it up to computers and it did nothing... but the next day it moved again!! So I am lost. They said it was from putting bigger tires on it.. it has 265/75/17 so I called bullshit on that. They also said it was from the wind moving the tires while it was in park so it would lock the steering wheel and would cause it not to start either.. called bullshit again. So all they did was reset the computer and now it's fine again.. I would like to know why it just died like that so it doesn't happen again...
Thanks guys for all the help
Old 02-01-2013, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Limp mode...

How many miles
Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Auto or manual? When it wont start dies the engine keep turning or just start to to turn then just stop?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by shockwaveaz; 02-01-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

57xxx miles and its auto
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by shockwaveaz
Auto or manual? When it wont start dies the engine keep turning or just start to to turn then just stop?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
The engine keeps turning them after 5 seconds or so it will start sometimes... Its not the fuel pump though bc when you turn the key on to just run with it starting you can hear it prime
Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if it still revs but dosent move then it sounds like a converter problem or you are low on AT fluid.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
if it still revs but dosent move then it sounds like a converter problem or you are low on AT fluid.
Well what confuses me is that it is working fine right now ...
Old 02-02-2013, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like its the dam auto trans. There are so many moving parts that have to work with each-other in them if one acts up the whole thing will run like shit. You need to check the color and smell of your auto trans fluid. If its not nice bright red and smells burnt you have some problems bro.

Quick Reply: **help**