Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1/2 door vendors.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2 door vendors.

Where is the best priced place to find a set of 1/2 door uppers and lowers?
I am leaning toward the rugged ridge. Love the look of the strike force but I'm not sure I can wait on the uppers.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

for less than 500 bucks you can get 2 full soft doors for a 2 door from bestop, but they have their issues so id search around. I have these doors but might get the sfz ones if they come out soon and get good reviews
Old 04-24-2013, 06:28 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lowe516
I am leaning toward the rugged ridge. Love the look of the strike force but I'm not sure I can wait on the uppers.
Lowe,

We carry the Rugged Ridge Half Doors and Soft Uppers. I can hook you up with our JK-Forum Discount, and they qualify for free shipping.

You also may want to look at the Bestop 2-Piece Soft Doors too. They are a full soft door, that are super light and will still keep the weather out. I run these on my JK and I really like them. They fit good, and are nice to be able to throw in the back of the Jeep on a nice day. They are a ton cheaper, and will do basically the same thing.

I'll shoot you the discount code over in a PM, so be sure to check your inbox. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

-Zach
Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lowe516
I got the sFZ I live in Canada and I am waiting on the uppers.

I have tried the rugged ridge on and in my personal opinion the sfz win for me. They're so light it is incredible

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-814819608.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	450611
Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Make sure you see them in person so you know what you're paying for. I bought the Rugged Ridge doors based on all the hype of getting them for EJS 2011. I didn't get them, paid extra shipping and was disappointed when they showed up. The front passenger side wouldn't latch. They sent a second set up free on warranty but its not much better, still takes two hands to close it. Not safe if you have kids.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Former Member

I of course would go with the SFZ doors

Have you seen this video from our buddy CaliJK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=17Uco_qae6o
Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
Make sure you see them in person so you know what you're paying for. I bought the Rugged Ridge doors based on all the hype of getting them for EJS 2011. I didn't get them, paid extra shipping and was disappointed when they showed up. The front passenger side wouldn't latch. They sent a second set up free on warranty but its not much better, still takes two hands to close it. Not safe if you have kids.
Yup I have heard a lot of trouble with the doors latching or even opening. I tried these doors on before pulling the trigger on my SFZ doors and honestly there is no comparison.

Seriously, you won't regret the sfz. Only one door hinge needed adjusting when I installed them, the other three came perfectly lined up.

And the storage in them? I put a freaking step stool in them!!!

Name:	image-2007172127.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	450640

Name:	image-2323121556.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	450641
Old 04-24-2013, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Strike Force Zebra
I of course would go with the SFZ doors

Have you seen this video from our buddy CaliJK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=17Uco_qae6o
The video was interesting, but it ended before there is a chance to see the outcome of the tree versus door impact. All I saw was a JK backing away from a tree and then text explaining the outcome, but no pictures/video of the outcome. Do you have another video or a longer version of that video? The idea of your doors popping back into place after a hit instead of the carnage that a metal door would encounter is a bonus. I'm still waiting to see what your uppers look like before I buy some half doors for my JKU.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by bo9roadking
The video was interesting, but it ended before there is a chance to see the outcome of the tree versus door impact. All I saw was a JK backing away from a tree and then text explaining the outcome, but no pictures/video of the outcome. Do you have another video or a longer version of that video? The idea of your doors popping back into place after a hit instead of the carnage that a metal door would encounter is a bonus. I'm still waiting to see what your uppers look like before I buy some half doors for my JKU.
I know, it's wasn't our video I found it on the forum from last weeks San Diego run that they did. I was glad they posted it, but I wish they had showed the doors before and after.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain

Lowe,

We carry the Rugged Ridge Half Doors and Soft Uppers. I can hook you up with our JK-Forum Discount, and they qualify for free shipping.

You also may want to look at the Bestop 2-Piece Soft Doors too. They are a full soft door, that are super light and will still keep the weather out. I run these on my JK and I really like them. They fit good, and are nice to be able to throw in the back of the Jeep on a nice day. They are a ton cheaper, and will do basically the same thing.

I'll shoot you the discount code over in a PM, so be sure to check your inbox. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

-Zach
can I get a quote on the bestop 4 doors for 07 jku shipped?

Quick Reply: 1/2 door vendors.