Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.5" wheel spacers on STOCK JK UNLTD - alingment?

Old 06-12-2008, 07:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.5" wheel spacers on STOCK JK UNLTD - alingment?

newbie here. just curious if an alignment / balancing etc is required after installing 1.5" wheel spacers on stock Sahara 18's with stock tires? lift and new tires are in the future, but i like the stance w/spacers. any advice appreciated. thanks!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

ditto for me too. I have spidertrax spacers on order and am wondering the same thing. I have the bushwacker fender flares and with stock Rubi rims and tires it looks a little lacking.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:45 AM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

KSK
Old 06-12-2008, 07:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ksk

KSK
no pics available. i'm just looking for advice as i plan to install spacers and i'm merely enquiring if i need an alignment/adjustment afterwards. or are spacers simply a BOLT ON application? any help would be great.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I installed mine, along witha 2.5 TF lift, and only noticed a bit of "pull" because of the lift. Was able to correct that myself. I don't think an alignment is necessary if you're just doing wheel spacers. You're not really doing anything to the suspension geometry that should cause alignment to go out...
Old 06-12-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
I installed mine, along witha 2.5 TF lift, and only noticed a bit of "pull" because of the lift. Was able to correct that myself. I don't think an alignment is necessary if you're just doing wheel spacers. You're not really doing anything to the suspension geometry that should cause alignment to go out...
thanks Gloworm19! much appreciated. i too am going the route of 2.5" lift but in bits and pieces. i just needed to know what i can do and in what order as the wallet allows. here's what i'm aiming for ultimately

stock sahara wheels (really like the way they look!)
1.5" TF wheel spacers
33x12.5 tires (not sure what brand yet)
2.5" RC BB w/2.2 shocks

thanks again for the insight! luv this forum more and more everyday, u all are a great help in building!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

I didn't have an alignment after installing the spacers and it drives as straight as ever.

They are balanced already when you get them so if your alignment is straight, the even weight added to each wheel should remain straight.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Laughingstok
I didn't have an alignment after installing the spacers and it drives as straight as ever.

They are balanced already when you get them so if your alignment is straight, the even weight added to each wheel should remain straight.
thanks! great avatar!
Old 06-13-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
Yup Mike is correct.

The SpiderTrax (that Gloworm used) wheel spacers have a recess in the back (which mounts up to the stock hub) that allows you to keep the retaining clips on the lugs (These are put on there by Jeep to keep the rotor in place in preparation of the wheels. Automation reasons)..you don't need these clips, but the SpiderTrax spacers compensate for them.

The only bad thing about SpiderTrax spacers is they are so freaking gorgeous you can't see them!!

BTW...NO balancing required, just install and go.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by revolucion!
thanks! great avatar!

I'll pass it along to my wife.

Quick Reply: 1.5" wheel spacers on STOCK JK UNLTD - alingment?