Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1" lift possible?

Old 04-11-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will look fine with the stock size tires and the 1 3/4" lift. And body lifts are worthless, you gain no ground clearance, all you get is a higher center of gravity, along with more leverage ont he body mount bolts which like to crack the mounts.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tango3065
I will probably just go with the rough country 1 3/4 " BB and hope the stock shocks will be long enough. Not really wanting a large lift or anything because it is my daily driver and I don't wheel , just want a little lift for looks.

As for the body lift, they look like a pain to install and I hate the gaps they leave at the bumper and rails.
1in BL are an easy install, Take about an hour with a floor jack and several 2ft long or so blocks of wood (2x4, 4x4's) . You can drill a couple new holes for your rear boumper bracket and leave no gap. It won't leave a gap on tub mounted rails, and for frame mounted rails, you'll want a gap so when the tub flexes it doesn't hit the rails.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuka
You will look fine with the stock size tires and the 1 3/4" lift. And body lifts are worthless, you gain no ground clearance, all you get is a higher center of gravity, along with more leverage ont he body mount bolts which like to crack the mounts.
Beg to differ, you can run larger tires without any suspension mods and that actually would keep your center of gravity lower. Don't see much of a prob with a 1in. anything more does wreak havoc on the mounts, 2in,3in,etc.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote the 1" body lift. Mine cost $100 (no shipping) from Northridge. It took me about 1-1/2 hrs. I wouldn't do this unless you have access to air tools or have strong (bionic) arms. Also make sure that you spray the mud off your frame before installing. A face full of dirt is a bi.....
Old 04-11-2009, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

find somebody getting rid of some 4 door rubicon with a hard top springs and shocks, i gained 1" front and rear.

Last edited by casaintsfan; 04-11-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:30 PM
JK Freak

I've got my leftover springs and shocks. They're collecting dust in my basement.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

Hey roketman, what would you want for your rubi springs and shocks?
Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tango3065
I will probably just go with the rough country 1 3/4 " BB and hope the stock shocks will be long enough. Not really wanting a large lift or anything because it is my daily driver and I don't wheel , just want a little lift for looks.

As for the body lift, they look like a pain to install and I hate the gaps they leave at the bumper and rails.
If you don't plan to wheel it, I would not worry about the shocks. The only adverse affect is lack of droop. That won't matter if you're not leaving the pavement.

Quick Reply: 1" lift possible?