Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

15" Alloy Wheels on an 08 Rubicon?

Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 15" Alloy Wheels on an 08 Rubicon?

I have done a ton of research on 15" wheels and have seen that some work some don't. I was hoping that in my particular sitation I could get some help since I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer. Is anyone with an 08 Rubicon running 15" alloy wheels without rubbing the calipers? If so, what wheels? And I understand that steel have a better chance of fitting since it's not as thick so if you're running 15" steel with no issues please list those.

Also, does the width of the wheel make a difference? Say a 15x8 compared to 15x10?

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have an 08 Rubicon with 15x10 Ion 138 series wheels that have 4" of backspacing. Cheap attractive wheel with no rubbing and no clearance issues.

Quick Reply: 15" Alloy Wheels on an 08 Rubicon?