Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" to a 4" lift?

Old 05-04-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" to a 4" lift?

I have the 2.5" Teraflex coil lift w/shocks with 1" coil spacers front and rear, and wondering what extra parts would I need for a 4" lift. Obviously ill be taking out the springs and shocks and im planning on getting a set of 4" bilstein shocks as well. Im waiting for a set of 4" coil springs in the mail from a member here. I have a 4dr 6speed Sahara.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Foedoe
I have the 2.5" Teraflex coil lift w/shocks with 1" coil spacers front and rear, and wondering what extra parts would I need for a 4" lift. Obviously ill be taking out the springs and shocks and im planning on getting a set of 4" bilstein shocks as well. Im waiting for a set of 4" coil springs in the mail from a member here. I have a 4dr 6speed Sahara.
Longer swaybar links, brakelines, bumpstops, better rear trackbar bracket, front adj. trackbar, adj. control arms, coil guide/retainers.Better compair the specs on those shocks to what TeraFlex has for specs.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Longer swaybar links, brakelines, bumpstops, better rear trackbar bracket, front adj. trackbar, adj. control arms, coil guide/retainers.Better compair the specs on those shocks to what TeraFlex has for specs.
okay gotcha! By any chance, I just bought some springs from a member on here and I searched the part number on the teraflex site and nothing came up. part number is 854400. What are the specs on these?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the price your gonna pay for all those individual components, you might want to consider a complete kit instead. Look into the Ranch 4" Sport Lift with RS9000XL shocks. It has a $500 rebate right now making it a $500-$550 kit. It's an option you might not have considered.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
For the price your gonna pay for all those individual components, you might want to consider a complete kit instead. Look into the Ranch 4" Sport Lift with RS9000XL shocks. It has a $500 rebate right now making it a $500-$550 kit. It's an option you might not have considered.
Kit looks like it doesn't have any control arms. But it looks like a really good deal.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You will also need new driveshafts and most likely a drag link flip kit.
I thought so.. Even with a 6spd, would I need drive shafts right away?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I thought so.. Even with a 6spd, would I need drive shafts right away?
don't need anything till it breaks
Old 05-05-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2

don't need anything till it breaks
Haha! That's what I like to hear! But kinda need to rephrase that.. When would I need drive shafts to the point of prevent from breaking?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ludski
you interested in getting rid of the 2.5 coils?
As soon as I put the 4" lift on.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha! That's what I like to hear! But kinda need to rephrase that.. When would I need drive shafts to the point of prevent from breaking?
when they start making noises or when they start spitting grease...

i have had my front driveshaft boot torn off and havent greased it since 6K miles

Quick Reply: 2.5" to a 4" lift?