Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" Coil Lift Flex Questions

Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" Coil Lift Flex Questions

Ok i have a 2.5" TF coil Lift on my JK with 35/12.50s. I also recently did a fender chop and gained a little bit more for clearance. Looking again at the suspensioni honestly dont have much room at all between the bumpstop (with TF extension) and the metal plate below it. basicly saying i dont flex very much.

Would i have enough room to just take out the bumpstop extensions? This should give me more flex but at the same time, are my stock brake lines up for the challenge? Do i have enough fender-tire clearance?

Just wondering what people think and have done before i start taking my jeep apart... again...

Thanks!

EDIT:

I give props to Teraflex. Perfect lift. The bumpstop extensions yeild maximum lift with out hurting the breaklines. But i have decided i will need new breaklines before i do anything more.

My problem is that i still have more room that i could flex. So im thinking new breaklines and i may yet remove the bumpstops or add .75-1" of lift on the front.

Last edited by eraujk; 03-03-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

these are actually the exact same questions i had for when i get my 2.5" coil lift and 35's. thanks for posting!

oh yeah....subscribed!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:51 PM
JK Freak

I'm about to install the 2.5 coil lift. I was thinking of adding some .5 or 1.0 inch TF spacers on top of the springs to clear the 35's and was wondering about the bump stops too....I see the point of them if your like rallying through the desert but if your crawling? I dno. eraujk are you liking your fender trim? Maybe i'll do that instead of the spacers.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just being the devils advocate but with all the hassles why not just install a 3"+ lift from the beginning? the COG difference between 2.5" and 3.5" isn't that big a deal and a full suspension lift would flex better. I realize you already have the 2.5 so easiest thing would be to flex your suspension as far as you can without bumpstops and take a measurement then install bumpstops accordingly.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Yea I get what your saying, wish I could do the 3inch but I just dont have the cash for shocks and trac-bars an all that right now. I'll start with the 2.5 with extensions and work my way up from there.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya... from the sounds of all of us responsible hard working tax payinf citizens will have even less money in the near future

planman, that thing flexes pretty damn good. nice w/35s you'd get even more out of it I would guess
Old 02-27-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkJason
I'm about to install the 2.5 coil lift. I was thinking of adding some .5 or 1.0 inch TF spacers on top of the springs to clear the 35's and was wondering about the bump stops too....I see the point of them if your like rallying through the desert but if your crawling? I dno. eraujk are you liking your fender trim? Maybe i'll do that instead of the spacers.
Ha the fender chop is interesting. Either you realy like them or you think it ruined the jeep... My self and a few of my friends realy like it. Think it made the jeep look better. My brother and father (both jeepers) think it made the jeep look "fufu". When it comes to performance. I gained easily other 2" if not more of clearance.

My reasoning behind not going up to a 3" or more is that i just dont have the money for it. Just the price difference between the 2.5" and the 3.5-4" is just to big for me to overcome right now.

I like the idea of the custom bumpstops. I was also planning on still adding .5-.75" pucks to the front aswell.

Ill take it out and flex it up later today. My biggest worry is the brake lines. But i still think i might be good to just remove the bumpstop ext. Ill have to see.

Last edited by eraujk; 02-27-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

first post edited.

Quick Reply: 2.5" Coil Lift Flex Questions