Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 inch Lift Kit

Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 inch Lift Kit

Looking for a high quality 2.5 inch lift kit. OME is in the running. Have not read anything bad about the kit. Is there anything else recommended to run with the kit? (Adj track bar etc?) The jeeps is a DD. Also looking in to Eibach leveling kit with Blistein shocks. Anyone running those? How are they? Any help is appreciated. THanks
Old 09-01-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Teraflex 2.5 inch kit and I like it. Been wheeling a few times and took a trip to Colorado and Wyoming (from Michigan) with no problems.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boriqua935
Looking for a high quality 2.5 inch lift kit. OME is in the running. Have not read anything bad about the kit. Is there anything else recommended to run with the kit? (Adj track bar etc?) The jeeps is a DD. Also looking in to Eibach leveling kit with Blistein shocks. Anyone running those? How are they? Any help is appreciated. THanks
Have you seen a TeraFlex 2.5" coil kit? Here's a pic of the 2.5" kit w/shocks #1251000. TeraFlex offers 6 different 2.5" coil kits and 3 different 2.5" BB kits. If you have any questions, please give us a call.

http://www.teraflex.biz/search/search/?q=1251000

Old 09-01-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

^^ that's the kit that got delivered yesterday. Install is tonight, have read great things about it.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Default Rock Krawler

Tera Flex is great, but I went with the Rock Krawler 2.5'' lift this time. However, I got Old Man Emu Long Travel shocks! I love it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0560.jpg
Views:	3513
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	205372
Old 09-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Tera makes some great products. Here are a few others to concider!

2.5" Stock Mod

2.5" Max. Travel

2.5" Max. Travel PRO

Good Luck with your build!

RK
Old 09-01-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

I have the OME on my 2 dr and have been very happy with it. However I have a unlimited on it's way and am shopping other brands.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Did the usual research and ended up with the Rock Krawler 2.5" stock mod (should be delivered today, in fact, and planning to put it in this weekend, if all goes well). It's the stock mod kit with Bilstein 5100's. I also got the lower control arms.

I really liked the OME kit also (great reviews), but I was trying to buy USA-made, and OME is Australian, I believe. Rock Krawler advertises Made in USA (although I'm guessing they probably use some imported components), and the only other ones that clearly indicated Made in USA were BDS and I believe Full Traction, and they didn't have what I was looking for (didn't want to go with a 3", and was looking for a kit with new springs, rather than spacers or adapters). I've also heard good things about the Teraflex kits, but liked that Rock Krawler seems to be easier to upgrade if I feel the need to do that.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the install... post the pics when you get 'er lifted.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rdewinter
Did the usual research and ended up with the Rock Krawler 2.5" stock mod (should be delivered today, in fact, and planning to put it in this weekend, if all goes well). It's the stock mod kit with Bilstein 5100's. I also got the lower control arms.

I really liked the OME kit also (great reviews), but I was trying to buy USA-made, and OME is Australian, I believe. Rock Krawler advertises Made in USA (although I'm guessing they probably use some imported components), and the only other ones that clearly indicated Made in USA were BDS and I believe Full Traction, and they didn't have what I was looking for (didn't want to go with a 3", and was looking for a kit with new springs, rather than spacers or adapters). I've also heard good things about the Teraflex kits, but liked that Rock Krawler seems to be easier to upgrade if I feel the need to do that.
Please post pics when completed that is one of the Kits i am interested in with the 5100s like you..

Quick Reply: 2.5 inch Lift Kit