Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" Lift Check list

Old 12-21-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by tprice1985
I keep seeing the info on caster. I am very very new and havent done much work myself on my past auto's. My dad has always helped me and i am going to try some stuff myself. Thought I need to learn. Dads not always going to be here.
A small lift on a JK is really straightforward and easy. It might seem a bit daunting at first, but read through some of the step-by-step writeups, look at the pics, and you'll get a good idea of everything that is involved. Jack up, remove bolts, remove old coil, insert new coil/spacer, bolt everything back up, go enjoy.

If you don't want to tackle it alone, invite some buddies over for beer and pizza and grease. Or post in the Staging Area for your neck of the woods. Odds are you'll find someone there that enjoys working on jeeps and is willing to lend a hand.

Here is the write-ups area. Even if there is not one for your exact lift, they are all similar enough, so just find one with similar components.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...7&postcount=10

You should also check this one: (save the pic somewhere for quick reference)
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

You may need to re-center your steering wheel after the lift, and probably a good idea to check the toe, even if you don't need to change it. If you do decide you need to adjust your caster, there is a section for that also!

And remember that the members here are very willing to help you out if you get into a jam during the install. Post up the problem, maybe snap a pic or two if it's something you can't quite explain, and you'll have plenty of feedback to get you going again.

Last edited by nthinuf; 12-21-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man this is a good post I was just thinking about something like this. I have the RE Spacers and have been thinking of switching to coils. I had the same question of what all I was going to need for a DD and not so much wheeler. Are the RE 2.5" coils good? Is anybody running these coils?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default u need

u need the rear trackbar relocate it is around 30, and extended swaybar links you will be good

Quick Reply: 2.5" Lift Check list