Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5" Lift Question/Suggestion

Old 09-23-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" Lift Question/Suggestion

I'm wanting to run 35s so for now I'm thinking of a lower cost 2.5" lift. Eventually I do plan on going with a 4" or larger lift so I don't want to put a ton of money in my first lift, but want a good set up that will really add to my off road fun. So, would you recommend something like the TF BB spacer (with or without shock adapters?) or would a 2.5" coil spring be better? I have a rubicon so what is the best bang for the buck? The difference between the spacer kit and coil spring is only about $100 from TF so that is not much of an issue.

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 2.5" coil kit will set you JK almost level. The BB kit will still have some rake to it.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Location: Christiana, Tennessee, United States, United States
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMccool
I'm wanting to run 35s so for now I'm thinking of a lower cost 2.5" lift. Eventually I do plan on going with a 4" or larger lift so I don't want to put a ton of money in my first lift, but want a good set up that will really add to my off road fun. So, would you recommend something like the TF BB spacer (with or without shock adapters?) or would a 2.5" coil spring be better? I have a rubicon so what is the best bang for the buck? The difference between the spacer kit and coil spring is only about $100 from TF so that is not much of an issue.

Thanks!
Sent you a PM
Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Eventually I do plan on going with a 4" or larger lift so I don't want to put a ton of money in my first lift
I would base the decision on how soon 'eventually' is. If you're talking about lifting a bit to get you through the winter, go with spacers and shock extensions. But if you're talking years before you upgrade, get the coils now.

Quick Reply: 2.5" Lift Question/Suggestion