Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 teraflex spring install

Old 09-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
I did however install a TF 2.5 Spring lift into a friends JK last nigth and also ran into trackbar relocation issues. Oh and it was an absolute pleasure doing the passenger side spring with those bumpstop extensions...NO
There's been some inconsistencies with the factory trackbar location that means one has to apply some BFH to our bracket to get it up in. The factory bracket will spread some then when you install the bolts it will bring everything back into place. TeraFlex is going to update the design to make it a little easier for installation. Bumpstop extensions can be a bugger, but with a little grease and a floorjack they can pop right into place.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my ghetto bumpstops. So much so that i cant wait to take them out & return them to their home on the shelf. Where i can admire them.

*L*

I really dont dislike them, they where a good enough bandaid, now i want springs.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had 0 problem install relocation bracket, the bolt just slides in..

As to the bumpstop, I used a 1/2'' racket extension, put it in between bumpstop and axle, then use floorjack, they pop right in place.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Ghetto? I have a RC 2.5 BB with 2.2 shocks and I dont get body roll at all. Also with the Rubicon 4 door springs.

Ghetto really isnt the term I would use.

I did however install a TF 2.5 Spring lift into a friends JK last nigth and also ran into trackbar relocation issues. Oh and it was an absolute pleasure doing the passenger side spring with those bumpstop extensions...NO
Some people have different suspension expectations. Maybe mine are higher than yours? Not sure. Im used to track cars, so i know what i want.
not really at all hard at all
tracbar sucked horrible squirrel nuts.

but the springs were a sinch

I do have to say though, im very happy with it.
Ive been driving throught eh typhoon tonight ( wife went out with some friends on base) and even in standing water, no probs with the BFG KM2s
Old 09-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by wagonofdoom
Some people have different suspension expectations. Maybe mine are higher than yours? Not sure. Im used to track cars, so i know what i want.
not really at all hard at all
tracbar sucked horrible squirrel nuts.

but the springs were a sinch

I do have to say though, im very happy with it.
Ive been driving throught eh typhoon tonight ( wife went out with some friends on base) and even in standing water, no probs with the BFG KM2s
Gotta get some pics uploaded on our site with you in uniform. http://www.teraflex.biz/jeep-gallery/add-my-rig/
Old 09-19-2008, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

uh

no lol
i take my uniform off as soon as i leave work.
its a job not a life (im not a marine!)
Old 09-19-2008, 12:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

uh

no lol
i take my uniform off as soon as i leave work.
its a job not a life (im not a marine!)
OHHHH! so we slammin the Marines now Aww hell, I can't be mad, I'd rather see a pic of your Buell
Old 09-19-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
OHHHH! so we slammin the Marines now Aww hell, I can't be mad, I'd rather see a pic of your Buell
Hell yeah i am. Your regulations are rediculous. Its awesome that a service can tell you how to dress off duty lol. Its funny jsut sitting in front of a marine exchange and watching people get yelled at.

Buell you ask?

(not my wife lol)
Old 09-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell yeah i am. Your regulations are rediculous. Its awesome that a service can tell you how to dress off duty lol. Its funny jsut sitting in front of a marine exchange and watching people get yelled at.

Buell you ask?

(not my wife lol)
Well, THIS time i gotta say...

I dont see a girl...

NICE bike!
Old 09-19-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Nice Buell! I knew I had seen it in another thread but couldn't remember which one. I might keep my Harley another 6-8 months then I'm gonna look at some Buells.

Quick Reply: 2.5 teraflex spring install