Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 vs 3.5 vs. 4 with 33's

Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you who ask why someone would want 4" of lift with 32's, you can flex the heck out of it without having to worry about rubbing. I did this one at SMORR last month, and this was before I removed some of my bump stops.

(you can see in this pic how much room I still had with the drivers side compressed all the way to the bump tops)

Then, I got some 35's and now you can compare how the 32's look compared to 35's

OK... yes, this is a shameless opportunity to show some of my pics but there is a point to it. When I had the 2" Rusty's kit and the 32's, it looked like it should have come from the factory that way. I got a killer deal on the 4" lift, so I moved up before having the $$ for tires. Although 33's are only a little bigger than 32's, they won't look terrible with a 4" lift.

Also, when I got my 2" Rusty's kit, I thought that would be all I wanted. However, within 6 months I was spending money to move on up again. It would have saved me close to $500 to have just done it right the first time.

Of course, if you truly don't plan on crawling, your need for flex is a lot less. For 33's and highway driving, I'll bet you would be really happy with the 2.5" Teraflex spring lift. By keeping it lower, you don't have to worry about the driveshafts and the center of gravity is lower.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is mine with a 3.5 Clayton lift and 33x12.5 Cepeck Crushers

For staying on the black top I would just use a 2.5 BB for the 33's the reason I chose the 3.5 Clayton was for the articulation when I go to URE. you will be happy with the BB and the best part you won't have to get the Drive shafts and worry about the control arms and such. See Dave about getting a Terra Flex BB He will be happy to make you a satisfied customer and will help you out any way you need with your Jeep.

and here it is before the lift 33x12.5

Last edited by Mutts08JK; 02-03-2009 at 01:40 AM.